Of Letters and Knights

Upon regaining consciousness, the first thing Caspian felt was something soft and fluffy against his back. The second thing he discovered was that the pain he'd felt before was completely gone. And the third thing he found out was that he really wanted to fall asleep again. Actually, more sleep sounded like a grand idea right about now.

Too bad life, or maybe fate, had other plans.

"So, you're finally awake, boy."

Eyes snapping open, Caspian sat up. It was only now, upon glancing at his surroundings, that he noticed his new situational altercation. He was in a bed. A very nice bed. Nicer than any bed he'd ever slept in. In fact, the entire room was nice. It sure beat the compartment he'd been using on the train ride to Ashtown. Thinking on it, it was even better than his bedroom back at Arcadia's Knight Academy. And then there was the person who spoke.

Now that he wasn't close to kicking the bucket, or caught within an imminent life or death battle, Caspian was able to fully appreciate the otherworldly appearance of the women he had fought alongside. She was, to put it in the most blunt term possible, absolutely gorgeous. From her alluring face with a single, half-lidded amethyst eye visible, to the ridiculous proportions her body was sporting, everything about her was beautiful in ways he could scarcely comprehend. It was the kind of beauty that men fantasized about and women would kill for, the kind of woman people like Julius often spoke of bedding when they became a Sorceress's Knight. This woman, she practically oozed sexuality and lust from her every pore.

She wore a dress of the purest red, a dark crimson that made him think of blood. Her arms were laid bare for the dress had no sleeves, and the v-shaped cutout in the front revealed obscene amounts of creamy white cleavage. Caspian found himself momentarily stunned.

"Do you like what you see?" she asked, a small half-smirk adorning her face, curling her lips in an expression that was as delightful as it was arrogant.

"Eh?" Caspian started, blinking rapidly. He stared for several more seconds... and then his face turned into a furnace of red. "N-no! Of course not! Why would you think such a thing?"

"Ho?" The woman's amusement grew, as did her smile. "So you weren't staring at my body, then? You weren't admiring my assets? Weren't fantasizing about the things you would like to do to me? Or perhaps... you were fantasizing about the things you'd like me to do to you?"

Caspian gulped as Erica brought a perfectly manicured finger to her face, allowed it to trail across her left cheek, down her chin, then her elegant throat and collarbone before traveling to her cleavage. It took everything Caspian had and then some to peel his eyes off her chest and back up to her face.

She was smirking, a truly devilish look that was so sinful, the Spirits who controlled the underworld would have turned green with envy.

"I don't mind if you look-ah, but you should be aware that you're not allowed to touch... at least not right now. My poor Derek would never forgive me if I allowed another man to touch me while he was still amongst the living."

"W-whatever."

Okay. Just play it cool, Caspian. Don't let this woman get to you. She may be hot as sin, but that's no reason to lose your head. You've got this.

"I-it's not like you're that beautiful."

That's right. Just lie. She'll never know.

"I've seen girls prettier than you."

"I don't believe you."

Well, crap.

"But it's fine. You don't have to admit it if you don't want to. I can see the desire you have for me clear as day in your eyes. And if your eyes weren't enough, well..." Caspian gulped when the most devious look he'd ever seen came to the woman's face, "... all I'd need to do is look down."