8. That sounds bad

Guys just a quick authors note:
I'm going to see harry styles in a week and I am freaking out

Tw: one mention of alcohol

My mother had finally been arrested. She was going to spend six years in prison. I didn't know what I was going to do meanwhile, since I couldn't stay at Othersam's forever. He would be getting his own flat this year and I couldn't really ask to move there with him.

At least I did know what was going to happen to Isa. She would be getting her own place, with the council's help. I just hoped I'd be close by.

Me and Othersam went to visit her in the first week she moved in. She still looked freaked out whenever she saw Othersam, but I didn't want to worry about it.

Isa's new flat was beautiful - just three rooms, but she'd painted them amazingly: the living room was orange, the kitchen was white and her bedroom was pink.

"I love the colours!" I exclaimed as I walked around each room. The flat was much more her style than the old house.

"Thanks, I don't know if you noticed, but I tried to match it to the colour of my flag," Isa said, pointing out the colour scheme.

(In case anyone forgot, Isa is a lesbian)

It was getting quite late by the time I'd inspected the while flat to make sure she wasn't hiding anything suspicious, so me and Othersam headed home.

🪴Time skip🪴

"Othersam, can I ask you a question?" I asked that night.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Do you know what happened to your dad?"

I saw him tense up. I probably shouldn't have said that.

"Well, I lived with him for a few years, before I was fostered, and I had a younger sister who visited only once, but then he started hurting me, like a lot, and he drank too much, so I did the only thing I could think of and rang Childline. They took me to foster care and I went through three foster mothers, the first one was transphobic, the second didn't give me any food, and this is my third. She's been nice so far. So that's what happened."

"Wow," is all I could say. "That sounds bad."

"It was," said Othersam. "But I'm happier now."

Sorry, it has to be a short chapter :)

This is kind of a filler but kind of important to the plot
Any other ideas for fillers? Please, I've run out of ideas

Word count: 424