Chapter III - Joseph Bunny

1968, Bunny Farm, LA, California, USA. 

It was a beautiful and sunny day. The grass and flower are sweating and the breeze air is singing to Kenny and Joe's ears. They were both chopping logs with a heavy axe. Kenny was out of breath and Joe carried on working. 

Kenny: Easy son, you making me look bad. 

Joe stopped and giggled. Joe is 18 years old. 

Joe: Try to keep up dad. 

Kenny giggled and Joe carried on cutting logs. 

Kenny: Son, our mission is to feed the cows, sell fresh, big eggs and clean up the barn. 

Joe: Done. I will clean the barn, feed the cows and sell eggs. 

Kenny laughed. 

Kenny: You sure you can do this?

Joe: Of course, relax for today. More of this, you will get a back problem. You remember last time without me helping you? You nearly broke your back from falling 2nd floor at the barn for cleaning the barn. You relax, dad. 

Kenny: Alright, farm boy. 

Joe smiled and ran to feed the cows some hay. He put tons of egg trays in a small van and he hit the van while eating his pure orange and fresh carrot.

Joe: Lets go. Done. 

The van drove off and Joe smiled with cash in his hands. Joe then went to the dirty barn and started to clean and getting rubbish away. He is now beginning to be tired and then saw a weapon hiding in the corner.  He was curious and grabbed it. He went outside and reloaded the shotgun. 

Joe: (whispered to himself) Whoa. Okay. Aim and shoot. 

Joe was pointing at the tree and shoot the tree. Joe was impressed and was happy. 

Joe: Yo! WHOA! 

Kenny heard and was scared. 

Kenny: Joe! 

Kenny ran outside and saw Joe holding a gun and the tree got a shot mark. Kenny was disappointed and Joe made a nervous smile and then faded away. Later on, Kenny was shouting at Joe. 

Kenny: Do you have any idea, what have you done?

Joe: I waked up the cows or something?

Kenny: Stop being smart to me, son. You know what you did. 

Joe: Dad, I was made for the army. You know that. Tom and Ben are taking part in the Vietnam War. I want to join. The country needs me. They need more soldiers like me. Come on dad. 

Kenny: NO! no. 

Joe: That is not fair, dad. You were allowed to join the army. 

Kenny: That is because of my strict dad keeping shooting at me if I don't join. You are lucky to have me as a father who knows and wants the best for you. The army will change you. Look at me, you want to be like me, who's a big blob. A scary cat!

Joe: Dad. Yes, I am lucky to have you but you not a fat blob. You are not. Let me join, please. 

Kenny (sad) No, son. I only have you. 

Joe: I will survive. 

Kenny: You won't. It doesn't matter if you brave or scared, you can't survived the pressure, blood, death or nightmares. It will haunt you forever and ever. Trust me, I get nightmares. You know that, right? Even you survived, you still dead. Tom and Ben maybe not experiencing any hardship in this war but when it's over or when they choose to be done, they will be haunted and remembered by for their actions.