The Day Of The Fateful Encounter

Maya's POV

A week after the harvest festival, things calmed down, and things went back to normal. Well, almost. Gramps had kicked Laxus out of the guild as a way to punish him for what he had done. In all honesty, I didn't expect Gramps to kick Laxus. After all, he is his grandson. Everyone wasn't exactly happy with the news. Even me. I didn't like him, but I felt kind of bad that Gramps had to kick his grandson out.

But, of course, Natsu was not happy with the news.

He threw a massive temper tantrum at Gramps. "Why'd you kick him out, Gramps?! Couldn't you've just sent him to his room or something?!" Natsu yelled. Gramps doesn't answer him and remains silent. "I THOUGHT HE WAS PART OF OUR FAMILY! We all know he's a jerk, but come on!" He complained.

"That is quite enough!" Erza scolded.

"BUT NOW THAT HE'S GONE, I MAY NEVER GET THE CHANCE TO FIGHT HIM AGAIN, GRAMPS!" He continued, but Gramps remained silent. "I just know that I'd be strong enough to beat him!"

Erza walked up behind him and grabbed his shoulder. "I said enough! Imagine how the Master must be feeling right now! Do you think he expelled Laxus because he wanted to?!" Erza asked sternly.

"No, but." Natsu looked down in shame.

Happy crawled up Natsu's shoulder. "I still can't believe he ended up being a Dragon Slayer like you," he expressed.

"No." Gramps finally spoke. "Laxus was never a real Dragon Slayer." Natsu, Happy, Bella, and I gasped at this.

"What do you mean, not a real Dragon Slayer?" Bella asked.

Gramps breathes in and sighs. "Well, you see, Laxus has always been a frail and sickly boy. However, Ivan, his father, is a very ambitious man and wanted his son to be strong. So, he implanted a lacrima into Laxus that gave him Dragon Slayer abilities," Gramps explained.

I stared at Gramps in shock trying to process what he unfolded. A Dragon Slayer lacrima existed. It goes beyond everything Natsu and I have been taught. It does kind of explain a lot of things, why I didn't sense Laxus's real powers and a little bit about his behavior. But the part I didn't understand is why Gramps didn't tell us sooner. It would've been helpful to us. And where did Ivan get the lacrima? Are there any more out there? Or did he make one or something?

"I'm sorry," Gramps said. I don't know what he was apologizing for, maybe it was for not telling us sooner or apologizing for what Laxus did to the guild, or maybe both.

"Wow! I didn't even know that existed. Dragon Slayer Lacrima," Happy said.

"That's insane," Bella stated.