𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

1x12, School Lies

ON THE UPPER EAST SIDE there wasn't anything that seemed to be off limits. So throwing a pool party at the school seemed like just another Saturday. Some played around in the pool while others hung out around the pool. Girls gossiped while boys checked them out.

Jasmine on the other hand was sitting at the end of the pool away from everyone else. She wore a white two-piece with blue butterfly designs. Her bottoms were high-waisted. She had her feet in the pool as she watched everyone. She wasn't really in a partying mood. She hadn't been all winter break. 

Her breakup with Dylan was as public as her break up with Carter but somehow it hurt worse. She had come to the realization that the only thing boys saw when they looked at her were either dollar signs or a stepping stool for their own ambitions. And that sucked. 

Chuck had invited her to come with him and Nate to Monaco but she declined. Instead, she took the first plane out to London. She enjoyed her time going to art museums, shopping, and going to the operas. But through all of that, she still felt her hurting heart. It hurt her to know that every single boy she's dated had only wanted something from her. Carter wanted money and Dylan wanted to be able to choose his own college and she was the key to both. 

Earlier this evening she had been at Blair's hanging out with her and Serena. But then Kati and Is came over and then somehow they ended up here. Jasmine didn't mind though. If she was out that meant she didn't have to dwell in her depressing thoughts. 

Chuck had been watching Jasmine all night. He had seen how she wanted to be far away from everyone. He had gone far enough to pay a girl with herpes to try to sleep with Dylan. Jasmine somehow found out and told him to put an end to it. 

Reluctantly he did. 

But that all didn't matter. He was worried his sister would break back down into herself. She had finally begun to step back out again but now here she was back where she started. He didn't know how to help her. 

Jasmine watched as Blair stomped over to her brother. She wondered if Blair had told Nate about how she slept with Chuck. Probably not. She hadn't dared asked Blair that question. She only shook her head at the two as Chuck walked away from Blair. 

A yelp was yanked from Jasmine's mouth as she felt something wrap around her ankle and pull her into the pool. Water shot into Jasmine's nose as her head went underwater and the chlorine stung her eyes. She instantly kicked her feet to swim up. Her head shot up from the water and she had to blink away the water that clung to her lashes. Once her vision cleared she saw a grinning Nathaniel.