Chapter 8: First World: Lin Family

Wen Qinxi went through four of the five stages of grief while lying on that river bank.The man just couldn't achieve the last stage which is acceptance, there was no way he was accepting of this situation. He didn't know if the sassy system had a vendetta against him or this was just his bad luck.

At least the system was kind enough to leave all the information of his character's past crimes but as he started going through the information he started to doubt whether it was out of kindness or just another 'screw you' moment from the system.

Feeling defeated, he stood up while watching each crime replay in his mind. Each step he took in the direction the little girl had run off to, his shoulders drooped an inch lower. This character was just too brutal, what crime didn't he commit?

The first time he met Qie Ranzhe, he had him beaten up by muscle for hire simply because he didn't greet him on the road. Mind you they were only seven years old at that time.

Qie Ranzhe was beaten black and blue with cracked ribs. If didn't have the protagonist halo, he would have certainly died. Lin Jingxie crossed the line numerous times like giving poisoned food to one of Qie Ranzhe's boys. Though the kid didn't die the side effects were brutal.

Each day he would find ways to screw with Qie Ranzhe and his gang but one thing finally drove the protagonist off the edge leading to the cannon fodder's demise. One of the youngest boys in the group was caught stealing medicine from a phamarcist which was unfortunately witnessed by Lin Jingxie.

The young master paid for what the boy stole and took him to a waterfall up the river asking him to jump. If he survived, then the reward would the medicine for his sick brother currently in Lin Jingxie possession. Having lost a couple younger brothers before, the boy agreed to jump but was too scared changing his mind last minute.

An irritated Lin Jingxie proceeded to push him off the cliff but was rescued just in time by Qie Ranzhe. The young master was now outnumbered and Qie Ranzhe wasn't going to let him get away with it and so told him to either jump or he would kill him right then and there. This was how Lin Jingxie met his fate.

Wen Qinxi had watched a couple of dog blood dramas courtesy of his mother but this was just too depressing. While dragging his heavy feet all the way to town, he met a crowd of people heading his direction. Among them were servants of the Lin family who were so happy to see their young master safe in one piece.

"Young Master Lin, wuwuwuwuwu....we thought you were dead. Master and Madam haven't slept a wink searching for you," said an old servant as he checked if Lin Jingxie had any injuries.

'This fuckin jerk Lin Jingxie actually has people who care about him as evil as he was?' thought Wen Qinxi with a fixed smile.

He wasn't even sure what sort of reaction Qie Ranzhe will have after seeing him. 'He will probably fuckin finish me off,' thought Wen Qinxi as they entered the town heading towards Lin Mansion.

You would think that Lin Jingxie was the way he was because he was abused at home or something along those lines but the young master actually grew up in a loving family with no lack in every aspect. Wen Qinxi could only guess the character had some mental disorder or psychopathic tendencies because nothing else could explain his behavior.

As soon as he reached the gate for the mansion, a beautiful short lady embraced him crying her eyes out in joy. "Jin-er my poor baby where have you been.....wuwuwuwuwu? Mummy was so worried about you," cried Madam Lin frantically checking on her son.

She only stopped when Master Lin showed up with an expressionless face but his eyes sold him out. He was happy to see his son back home alive and well. He placed his hand around Lin Jingxie's shoulder and embraced him for a split second without saying anything before guiding him into the main hall.