𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐝

There was a storm.

There was a dreadful storm.

The harsh winds ripped down trees, making the dinosaurs angrier than ever! Not to mention, the storm had left the campers scarce of food. But that's not all the atrocious weather brought. Or rather, took.

Darius had vanished. But he had been gone for hours, so the rest of the campers had split into two groups and were looking for him.

Ben, Brooklynn and Kenji went one way, and Sammy, Yasmina and Kiara went the other. The girls called for Darius, pushing back the giant drooping leaves when they heard a scream and a thud.

Their breaths hitched. Was the scream from Darius!?

Kiara, Sammy and Yas rushed to where the sound came from. Nearing it, they smelt a horrific, sickeningly sweet stench of rotting meat. They found Darius lying flat on the ground, groaning. Sammy pulled him up and hugged him.

"Darius! Oh, I'm so happy you're okay," Sammy cried.

"What happened to you? We were so worried," Kiara frowned as she looked between Darius and the tree he must have fallen.

"Guys, we found–!"

"SHH! Something's up there," Darius interrupted Sammy, covering her mouth. He looked up, and the girls did the same. There was a strange clicking snarl, and it sent shivers down Kiara's spine. What was that?...

Darius put his finger to his lip and pointed back to where the girls came from. They nodded, and the four kids silently ran till they reached the other campers.

Brooklynn, Ben and Kenji were relieved to find Darius safe. After Darius told them something was back there, the campers took off.

"Look at how busted this place is," Kenji said, looking at the ripped-down trees, sticks, and rocks askew, "That was one of the worst storms I've ever seen."

"We were so worried about you," Brooklynn said.

"You said you'd be right back, and then you disappeared!" Kiara said, still watching Darius with worried eyes.

"But you picked up a souvenir," Yas said, rolling her eyes at the dark grey camcorder Darius held, "Nice."

"I found it in the nest," Darius explained.

Everyone but Darius paused, and their heads turned. He glanced at his friends one by one. Sammy crossed her arms, brows furrowed.

"Sorry, did 'ya say "nest"? What the heck happened up there?"

"Since we're out of food and already picked up all the fruit near camp, I went further. I found some up a pretty high tree, but then this huge gust of wind knocked me off! Next thing I know, I'm waking up in the middle of a nest surrounded by eggs, and I hear this strange clicking noise from whatever brought me there."

"So whatever brought you there went through all that trouble bringing you to its nest just to not eat you?" Kiara clarified.

Darius nodded, "Yeah. Me and a monolophosaurus. It wasn't as lucky as I was..." Darius muttered.

"Do you think it kept you alive to feed its babies?" Kiara asked quietly.

"That would explain why I'm alive."

"Dark, Dino-nerd. But how do you explain the smell?" Kenji said, the other campers at his side with sheepish looks. Sammy scoffed and elbowed Kenji's arm.

"Wait, what?" Darius sniffed himself before looking up confusedly. "Do I smell?"

"No?"

"Of course not!"