Back from camp!

Cassias pov-
I hadn't seen Eric for most of the summer, which was weird for us. We spend so much time together it's odd to not spend every living second with each other.

The drive back from summer camp seemed to take years. All the anticipation and nervousness I had built up in me to see Eric after camp made me giddy. One thing about me has changed over the summer. My appearance. I've always been considered pretty on the eyes of others, but now I've matured quite a bit. My breasts have grown from an A to a C cup, I'm a bit taller (but unfortunately, still short) and I'm more curvaceous now. I've tried to convince myself that no one will really notice, but they will. I was a bit of a late bloomer compared to the other girls.

Summer camp was boring if anything. It was full of prissy rich girls who were afraid to do anything. I told Eric all about them in the letters we exchanged. I would've much rather spent the summer with Eric, but my parents would rather me be out of their way as usual. All summer long they had no kid to look after since I'm an only child. They don't necessarily look after me anyway, I look after myself. Eric looks after me to, although I don't want him to.

The car finally pulled into my driveway after what seemed like an eternity of not speaking to the chauffer because any conversation he would start would just be about being prepared for going back to school and getting good grades, because that's all my parents allow him to talk about with me. I hopped out the car as soon as it came to a halt and grabbed my bags. Avoiding conversation with anyone, I raced up the stairs to my room and launched my bags on my bed. Without a second thought or a second to take in the fact that I was home after weeks, I ran back downstairs and out to where my bike was kept. Because I wasn't really home, not yet.

I whizzed down the road on my bike straight to the place I like to call home. After 2 blocks, I reached the matthews house. I ran to the front door and burst through. Eric was sat on the sofa, but stood up swiftly at the alert of my arrival. We locked eyes momentarily and I ran up and jumped at him to hug him. He held me tightly as if this moment might slip away.

Third person pov-
Anyone who saw this interaction might've thought they hadn't seen each other for years, or that they were dating. They acted like they were, constant affection, they were always very close physically and acted weird when the other would go on dates. Fortunate for Eric, who always felt a weird pang of jealousy (though he didn't admit to himself that's what he was actually feeling) when Cassia would get asked out on dates, she always came to him after saying that the date wasn't enjoyable for some odd reason. This always filled him with pride but remorse for his best friend.

Eric's pov
I've missed Cass all summer. It was a long and somewhat lonely summer without her. I had Jason to hang out with but it just wasn't the same. My heart skipped a beat when I heard the door open, in hopes it would be her. When I saw it was, happiness washed over me. I held her so tight I'm unsure how she was still breathing when after a whole lot of hugs making up for the time we lost, I reluctantly put her down. I scanned her features, something about her had changed. She looked more mature, and by the looks of it she had matured. I felt my cheeks heat up just by looking at her. Why am I feeling this way about her? It's weird she's my best friend. What am I feeling towards her that I wasn't feeling as much before?

Upon realisation that I was staring and not in the right places, I managed to utter a few words. "I've missed you". She looks at me for a split second and mutters "I've missed you too." I pick her up so her legs wrap around my waist and she buries her face into the crook of my neck.

My parents walk into the living room and see the scene. My mom raises her eyebrows at me and my dad shares a knowing look. She unburies her head and jumps off me to greet my family. She gives each one of them a hug and greets them and her and Cory rehearse their signature handshake before she picks up Morgan and places her on her hip.

-

-Authors note-
First chapterrrrrrr!!!!!!! I'm watching friends rn and I remembered how fine joey tribianni is. Give me suggestions on how they're gonna admit they love eachother pleaseeee 🩷