one

the sin of wrath

━━

THE SMELL OF;

Beer could be smelled in every corner of the little tavern. Drunken men drank like there was no tomorrow - telling each other the stories of the Seven Deadly Sins, the seven most feared people in the kingdom.

"The Seven Deadly Sins?" asked the owner of the tavern, his eyes shining, making the laughter of the men stop suddenly.

"Oh, you mean you've never heard of them, my young tavern owner?" a drunk man replied.

"Their wanted posters are hanging everywhere." "Like those over there!"

Another man pointed to the side of the tavern, where the wanted signs of the sins were pinned on a cork-board, "When was it? About ten years ago?"

"Dozens of Holy Knights, from all across the land, were butchered so fast that they didn't even have time to defend themselves."

"The Seven Deadly Sins were the ones who were responsible for it." The man stated, his loud voice echoing in the now quiet place, "From what I've been told, the way the Holy Knight's grand master was murdered was too gruesome for anybody to even look at."

He wasn't the only one who had heard the stories, "It's said that their captain, Meliodas, is the scariest one of them all. They say he's even brought down entire countries before!"

"None of them have been caught yet, have they?"

One of the men sadly chuckled, "Nope. Not a single one."

"Well, I've heard rumors that they've all been dead for years now!"

"'Course they're dead, they have to be! The new Holy Knights would never let them live after what they've done."

"Yeah, you've got a point there." One replied, "Even now, with the king sick in bed, you can bet that they're still gonna make sure that the kingdom stays safe for all its people."

The tavern's owner seemed unbothered, "But those notices that are up on the board get updated every single year! Doesn't that mean those seven criminals are still out there?"

Everyone went silent, taking in his words. "Yeah well, some spooky knights walking around in rusty armours sounds pretty ridiculous to me!" one laughed, to which the others chuckled at.

"Guess you're right." another smiled, waving his thoughts off.

As if on cue, a loud bang was heard from outside. Chatters stopped, all men staring at the door in fear. The talking pig, Hawk, hid behind the counter next to his owner - not having a good feeling about who/what was behind the door.

The door opened slowly, revealing the shadow of two large armours making it impossible for the others from seeing their faces.

One of the two people entered slowly, almost limping as he tries to stand, the armour he wore looking half destroyed, while the other walked in with a much more modern armour, radiating more magical power than the tavern's owner had ever felt- he was definitely more than just a simple human.

"The Seven Deadly Sins..." A low metallic voice spoke from the limping armour. That half sentence was enough to make every drunk men sober up- running away from the two in fear.

Meliodas jumped from behind the counter facing them, "Who are you?"

Without answering the question, the limping knight fell backwards to the ground, smashing the helmet on the ground - revealing a soft blue-haired beauty, past out from fatigue.