Owl House - Shattered Light

Based off of Jss2141's one-shot idea. 

Description: Angry and alone after the accident that left her blind, Luz became the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles with the help of her mother Camila, and her adoptive mother figure Eda. Years later, Luz takes on her friends in a legendary witch's duel...

"I challenge the three of you, to a witch's duel!"

Amity, Willow and Gus all looked in shock at their former friend, who was pointing at them with an expression of pure rage and hatred. "Luz, please-" Willow tried to say, but Luz overrode her. "If I win, you all leave immediately, and never try and seek me out again. You left me alone, and now you're paying the price."

Gus tried to speak next, but Luz help up a hand to shut him up, "On the other hand, if you guys win, I'll listen to what you have to say. But that's only if you win. Do we have a deal?"

Amity spoke up before Willow and Gus could try and back out, "We do."

Luz smiled slightly, but it wasn't the warm, friendly one she'd had before the accident. It was more like a, "Here we bloody go" smile.

Willow was the first to try and attack after a moment, sending a wave of vines after Luz. But the witch just smiled and conjured an oracle spirit, before amping it up with a fire blast, turning it into a burning ghost, that burned through the vines and exploded against Willow's body, sending her flying into a tree.

Gus tried to conjure an illusion dragon, but Luz summoned an army of abominations and vines of her own, combining them into a colossal dragon that was twice as big as the one Gus had made.

The illusion beast stood no chance, as it was swallowed whole.

Luz then sent a barrage of ice spikes at Gus, pinning him to another tree. Two down, one left to go.

Amity tried everything she had - abominations, purple fire blasts, slime tentacles, she even turned into an abomination herself - but Luz just summoned a wall of ice to block the tentacles, conjured beasts to fight Amity's abominations, countered the fire blasts with a few well-thrown potions that she'd made earlier today and as for Amity's abomination form...

Well, Eda had taught Luz the bard song "Eda's Requiem" for a good reason.

By the end of it, Luz stood victorious over three unconscious witches. Willow was tied up in a massive tangle of vines, Gus was encased in ice and Amity was just knocked out.

Luz scoffed, "You guys are all amateurs" before sending up a ball of light so that they'd be found.

After all, she may have wanted revenge, which she'd just managed to finally get, but she wasn't heartless.

She didn't want to kill them.

They didn't deserve death after what they did to her.

It would be too quick and easy.

Luz was more than happy for them to live with humiliation of being beaten by her.

She'd beaten them easily.

And that was revenge enough for her.

The End

Welcome to the end. Its been a fun ride. This is the last one-shot I'll do for this book for the foreseeable future, so that I can focus fully on Multiverse Chronicles and any other side projects I want to do. Thank you all so much for staying with me for all this time, and as always...

Stay. 

Freakin. 

Epic.