5.

𝗰𝘂𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆
abai

i layed in my bed watching netflix. i grab my remote off of my nightstand and look for something new to watch. i was distracted by my phone vibrating on my night stand. i hit answer pissed off because who in there right mind disturbs me in my alone time. "hello?" i said in an irritated voice. "hey abai, it's rafa i have a BIG favor i need you to do for me." rafaella's words came out of her mouth very fast, it was as if she was rapping.

"what is it rafa?" rafaella knew i would do whatever she asked, she was like a little sister to me. "i need you to go as neymar's plus one to this charity event."

no.

hell no.

"rafa don't you think asking me to go with him is setting me up for failure." i said laughing. "it isn't because you two need to figure out a way to get along. it's been our entire childhood and you guys still argue. grow up."

rafa was getting an attitude with me, and personally i was not going to deal with this. she knew that i had no problem with neymar. neymar was just always a big fat dick, so i wasn't the problem. "fine i'll go." i said wanting to get out of this conversation. of course i loved rafa but it wasn't her place to tell me to grow up.

my bills are payed. "thank god." rafa said ending the call. i didn't know what time he would be picking me up but i assume it would be soon. i got up and headed for my closet. what do i wear?

i decided on a black dress, it was simple enough. i changed into the dress and paired it with black heels and gold jewelry. i sat in my vanity doing my makeup. i didn't want to go but i wasn't going to seem like a little kid.

i hated formal stuff, i never went to a dance in my life. my mother instilled into my mind that no man would ever be good enough for me, i believe it. i mean look at me! i'm the fucking shit.

i mentally prepared myself to deal with neymar tonight.

𝗳𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸
third person

abai watched as her mother coached her on everything to say to the boy that was going to be taking her out for the night. she didn't want to go, but as her mother would always tell her it would be good for her. but she knew deep down it was so her mother could get a promotion.

her bosses son asked to take abai out, but instead of asking her he asked her mom. abai would rather have a guy ask her, she thought it was more meaningful. she kept telling herself to try and not screw this up. she just turned sixteen and this is what she had always dreamed of.

tons of friends, a boyfriend, and a new car. but when she reached that age she saw how unrealistic her standards were for herself. she heard a honk and practically ran out of the door, her mother made her more nervous than she already was. "i'll be fine." she said whispering to herself.

she walked to the car opening the door. she was stunned he didn't open the car door for her, neymar did that he hated her. why was she thinking about neyamr anyway. "i'm tristan." said the boy driving the car. tristan mentally punched himself for not opening the door, he was nervous. his dad told him to be a gentleman if he really wanted her to like him.

he thought abai was the most beautiful girl in the world. puppy love for him but abai didn't buy any of it. she nodded her head assuming he already knew what her name was. the rest of the car ride was silent. they pulled into a random parking lot. "where are we?" abai said questioning what tristan's intentions were.

not answering the question he pulled abai in for a kiss. abai pushed him back. she shook her head and walked out of the car. tristan was confused, he thought that was what she wanted. but he was wrong, very wrong. he stayed in the car watching her walk off, not having the courage to apologize. abai didn't know where she was going or what she would say to her mom.

she checked her phone and she realized only thirty minutes had passed since she left her house. she couldn't call her mom because she knew her mom would be mad. not at her of course, but it would end up in her getting fired. she saw a gas station and walked towards it. it was night time and she was scared.

she saw a pay phone and searched her wallet for any spare change that might me there. she found 5 quarters and put them into the little slot. she dialed the only person she knew would most likely not answer but she hoped he would.

neymar. the phone rang a couple of times until he answered. neymar was irritated considering he had just gotten back from a game and they lost. he wanted nothing to do with what abai was about to say. "i know this is a lot to ask put will you pick me up?"

neymar didn't want to but he knew his mom would want him too. "sure, where are you?" neymar said trying not to sound as irritated as he was. he also could tell abai was about to cry. "i really don't know where i am. it's a random gas station by a small flower shop." abai said.

"i think i know what you're talking about, i'll get there as quick as i can." neymar said hanging up. neymar felt bad for abai, he didn't know what happened but he felt bad. abai walked inside the gas station heading straight towards the bathroom.

she locked one of the stalls and sat there. for abai it was better than sitting outside. every ten minutes she would go outside and check to see if his car was there. she checked three times and each time he wasn't there. abai didn't want to be there all night, she wanted to be in her bed. abai was embarrassed because the more she left the more the store clerk thought she was a crack head.

she decided this would be her last time walking out of the bathroom. she walked to the gas station door seeing neymar's car pulled into one of the parking spots. neymar didn't mean to make abai wait. he was out getting her favorite things. chocolate, popcorn, and a fluffy blanket were all placed in the back.

neymar did it to be nice and he didn't like her, he felt bad. abai opened the door, getting ready for all of neymar's rude comments. she was suprised when neymar didn't say anything and pointed to the back seat. abai looked and saw the things he got her. neymar's heart was racing and he turned up the radio to drown out what he was feeling.

they sat in silence until he dropped her off. abai's mom waited by the front door to hear all the exciting things her daughter would say about the date. she watched abai walk in with the stuff neyamr got her. "he is just the sweetest look what he got you!" abai lied to her mom about the whole thing. it would be better to let her mom think it went great. what abai didn't realize from all her stress about tonight was that her mom knew it was neymar, she couldn't have been happier for her daughter.

——
——
——
——

should i keep doing flashbacks sometimes or no? long time no seeeee 😭 anyways i'm backkkk, i never knew it would take this long to write something but anywayssss i'm going to job interview this week and i'm scared shitless. next chapter will obviously have the charity event but i was to lazy to write that 😭 y'all i want my ex back. byeeee love youuuu.