Part 1

Chase, Marshall, Rocky, and Zuma were frozen in horror at the sight of all of their friends and all of the townsfolk of adventure bay dead. Chase looked over at Marshall, "what happened?" The dalmatian gasped between tears, chase turned towards Zuma who was lying down and weeping, rocky at his side comforting his friend. Chase took a mental note of who was there: mayor Goodway, mayor humdinger, françois, captain turbot, ryder, kattie, the kitten catastrophe crew? What happened here? Chase thought. He looked at Zuma who had cried himself to sleep, "we should let them rest" Rocky told Chase "your right" Chase replied. "I just hope it's nothing more than just one of mayor humdingers schemes" Rocky said looking at the seemingly endless sea of corpses "yeah" chase started to reply "but mayor humdinger is dead and so is the kitten catastrophe crew, so even if it is one of mayor humdingers schemes there is no one to control it" he finished. Marshall started to yelp and whine in his sleep "we should rest too '' Rocky said while going to lye down "you go ahead, i'll keep watch" Chase replied.

The next day all four pups were in their vehicles driving to jake's mountain but halfway up they saw an orange truck smashed on a rock, the pups all stopped and surveyed the truck hoping it wasn't jakes yet knowing it was. Chase and Marshall looked at the back of the truck, the plate was a commercial plate that read: "MTN SRVS". and all false hope died. "That's jakes license plate" Chase gasped "are you sure? You may just be mis-remembering it!" Marshall suggested. Chase sighed "okay, ARF license plate scanner" chase barked. a small screen came out of his pup-pack, similar to Marshall's X-ray, it was quick to scan the plate. Chase adjusted the screen so Marshall could see the screen, Marshall felt his words catch in his throat and his eyes water up. but before Chase could say anything a gunshot burst through the silence as the woods lit up for a split second and Everest ran from them, she could barely stop before coming nose-to-nose with Marshall. "EVEREST! ARE YOU OKAY?" Marshall yelled after Everest backed up but before Everest could answer an un-human scream came shrieking from the woods as a small shotgun came flying from the woods landing next to the pups "is everyone alright?" Rocky yelled as he and Zuma ran from beside the truck. Everest just looked at the shotgun "ARF police gun" Chase yelped as a small handgun came out of the side of his pup-pack "ARF shotgun" Rocky yelped just then a seemingly home-made shotgun came out of his pup-pack "GET BEHIND ME!" Chase yelled, Marshall and Zuma ran to their vehicles when Marshall noticed that Everest was not running with them and turned around to see Everest still sitting over Jake's gun "EVEREST!!" Marshall yelled as he ran back and grabbed Everest by the collar and began dragging her to his truck. As he dragged she snapped back to reality and ran to Marshall's truck herself with Marshall behind her. Once the rest of the pups were in their vehicles Chase and Rocky ran to theirs and they all drove off. As they drove Zuma thought about Rocky's story about how he became a member of the Paw Patrol. Rocky had lived in Michigan before joining the Paw Patrol in Canada, one day he was playing on a pier out on lake Erie when it was polluted, he almost fell in when his dad ran to him and pulled him back but fell in himself Rocky always said that only an hour after that the lake caught fire, and only a few days later animal control came to reports of stray dogs in the area. Rocky never explained much further than "the one in the passenger seat saved my life from the driver" "am i the driver" Zuma thought he knew he could not control his emotional fragility but he also knew that it hurt Rocky to see him that way, he looked at Marshall who seemed happier to be next to Everest, everyone in the Paw Patrol knew he had a crush on Everest. Soon they were in the desert where they saw the wingnuts trailer and restaurant burnt to ashes suddenly a moter could be heard the pups looked in its direction to see Tuck ...

END OF PART 1