Chapter 70

Erica

I couldn't help but feel worried about what Jerome had said. I knew that I shouldn't feel worried, but I couldn't help myself. It was like something bad was going to happen, like he had said. My hands were twitching vigorously. My eyes were filled with worry as I tried to hide the worried feeling I was having. I knew that it wouldn't be good if he continued to be worried like before. I knew that he wouldn't be happy about it. I snuggled up to him while whispering soothing words to him.

I was starting to feel happy that nothing bad had happened so far. We were close to my pack already, and I had told the few warriors that were with us to be on high alert for an ambush. I knew that there was no way he would be lying to me, and I knew that he had smelt danger ahead of us. I was starting to let my guard down when I suddenly felt a change in the air. I knew immediately that something was going on. I knew that would change soon.

I turned to look at Jerome, who had sat down appropriately, knowing something was different. He stared at me knowingly, and I knew with no doubt that something was going to happen. I could smell the hint of rogues in the place, and I knew that there were a lot of them.

"There is an ambush," I said to the warriors through the mind-link, and they all seem to have noticed that. The person who was riding the chariot took off running. We had been moving slowly before, but since things turned out like this, he took off running.

"I told you something was wrong," Jerome said with a fearful look on his face. I sighed heavily as I looked out of the chariot, and I could see the rogues that ambushed us.

"You need to be calm, or else things will definitely go wrong." "We need to assess the situation; you don't have to worry, we are close to my pack, and I have mind-linked the warriors," I said, staring at him, hoping he would be calm.

I knew that it wouldn't be easy for him, and I knew with no doubt that things wouldn't go as planned. I should have known that something like this would happen since he was attacked a few weeks ago. I knew with no doubt that things would get shaky soon.

"I'm not worried about myself, but you—they must be after me," he said, and I sighed heavily, not knowing what to say.

I pushed Jerome out of the way as I heard the sound of an arrow approaching. I knew that the arrow was aimed at Jerome; the arrow penetrated the place where he was earlier. I turned to look at him again, and I saw that the place where he was sitting was cut open. He was on the floor, and I could feel the horse galloping each second.

"Erica, get out of the chariot. He has been killed." I heard Jerome's voice, and I rushed out of the chariot, and almost immediately it crashed on a tree.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I walked toward Jerome, not knowing what to say or do. He was on the ground with his hand bleeding. I knew he was in a lot of pain, and his hands weren't healing.

"See who we have here, if not Luna and her weak mate," I heard a voice say, and I looked up to see a man staring at me with a smirk on his face.

I could smell the scent of rogues, and I knew with no doubt that there were a lot of rogues. I knew that this was a staged ambush. I knew that whoever was after Jerome's life was after him for something that he was not aware of.

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to keep my cool after he had called me Luna.

I was angry with his words, but I tried to keep my calm, knowing that we were outnumbered. I knew that he was only trying to make me angry so that I would attack without thinking, but I knew better not to do so. I knew that he was trying to trap me, and then he would use me as bait to get Jerome killed.

I turned to look at Jerome, who had stood up from the floor with bleeding hands. He stood beside me, and I had a frown on my face.

"We want his life; his life has been paid for, and we will stop at nothing but to kill him." "You can leave unharmed, but your mate will be killed," the man said again, and all the rogues nodded their heads in affirmation. I felt my heart beat heavily as I stared around us. I could see the population of the rogues, and I knew we were outnumbered. I have tried mind-linking the warriors that I came with, but there has been no reply from them. I knew that they must have been killed by the rogues.

"You will have to go through me," I said, and I felt Jerome knuckle me from behind, so I turned to look at him.

"You don't have to worry about me; you can leave. I will be fine." "Don't forget I'm a ," Jerome whispered to me, and I sighed heavily, knowing that he would keep bugging me to leave here without me.

"You won't be able to change my mind." My pack warriors would soon be here; we need to stall off some time for them to arrive," I whispered back to him, and I heard him groan with a frustrated look on his face.

"Since you don't want to leave your weak mate alone, then you both must be ready to die," the man who seems to be their leader said, and I gulped down my saliva.

I knew that the rogues should be nothing to us, but we were outnumbered, and not only that, Jerome doesn't have his lycan's power. I knew that we might have a chance against them if he had his Lycan powers, but he doesn't.

"You don't have to worry about me; I will be fine," I said to Jerome, and he chuckled.

"I should be saying that to you," Jerome replied, and with that, we both went our separate ways.

I have made up my mind to look out for Jerome. I would make sure he didn't get hurt. I will make sure that he stays alive until my warriors arrive. I knew that if my warriors were to arrive now, they would be gone within minutes. I knew that rogues aren't easy to take on, but they fight based on their animalistic instincts.

I slid under the ground, escaping a punch, but I was hit by a kick. I groaned in pain, and I knew that there was no way for me to win against them and also protect Jerome in my human form without any weapon. I knew that I should have been aware that something was going to happen since Jerome had been attacked.

I knew it was my mistake to go on this trip without weapons and also with a few warriors. I knew things would have been different if I had taken enough warriors with me. I knew this wasn't my first time traveling with a few warriors and without a weapon, but I wasn't attacked.

I shifted into my wolf's form, shredding my clothes into pieces. I was ready to pounce on the rogues.

🫥🫥🫥🫥🫥
PS:  please press the cute little star at the bottom of the chapters. It's the only thing that keeps us writers going. I'm begging please 🙏 🥹 I need the encouragement

🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hi beautiful people, do you can follow my account for more updates cos I will be posting new chapters everyday. I am writing a Werewolf romance and Billionaire Romance called "RISE OF ATHENA" and "HIS PAID WIFE"

I will be more active here than ever. Like  2-3 times every single day uploads. I really want to make new friends and meet wonderful people.
I love you all ❤️💕🥰