Night had fallen. It was chilly and her clothes were not enough to fight the cold. Her teeth chattered and she wished once more that she had not married him. But fate had her here and she couldn't fight with it.

Meerub was angry, even more than she was sad, she wanted to scream and cry, she was left alone in these woods and had lost her way.

"Nafrat hai mughe tumse murtasim!" She cursed under her breath and covered her head with her dupatta.

They were out here on their honeymoon, after maa begum forced them to go. Murtasim had threatened her. He cared about his izzat, his ghairat, and that was all that mattered to him. She was a piece of straw stuck in a tornado, she could only feel, and not act! Her teeth chattered again as the cold took over and she stood up  to repeat the cycle of calling for help and finding her way, all over again.

****
Murtasim looked at his watch for the thirtieth time.
  "Kaise aadmi hain apke? Abhi tak lekr nai aaye use? Unhe yahan ke raste nai pata kya?" He was annoyed. That girl had only caused trouble for him and his duties, and the thought of her put a frown on his face.

He left her at a local's house after she fought to stay, and now it was so late, he sent his friend's men to take her back.

"Murtasim raat hogai hai or pahari rasta hai waqt to lagega, tum bohot sunte ho apni biwi ki, aik thappar marte or le-"
"Ainda uske bare mai aese baat mat krna, izzat krna seekho aurton ki" He looked at his friend with blood shot eyes.

"Chabiyan do apni jeep ki, mai khud jaonga usko dhoondne!"

Taking the keys he set out to find her! The thought of her being hurt sent shivers to his body. He did not know why, he didn't want to see even a scratch on that woman.

****
Meerub was starting to feel dizzy. She finally sat on the groud against a tree, and cried, screamed her heart out. She wanted to vanish, she missed her dad and her mom who just so easily gave her away, she was all alone in this world and she hated it. She was in so, so much pain that for a second, the thought of dying in this cold dark night gave a sense of safety and warmth to her.

It went away quickly as she heard a growl nearby. Her body went numb. This place was famous for wild animals, even tigers. She was about to die, in the most painful way, and she was all alone too!

****
Murtasim had ended up at the locals' house, who told him that meerub had went towards the woods after he had left. They tried to go after her but she already had gone too far and the night was falling, so they didn't want to risk their lives. Their was no network connection in the mountains.

Murtasim's blood went cold. He gulped hard. And without a second thought, he took some weapons from them and set towards the woods.
Meerub was in danger, why did he care so much? This wasn't the time to think about that. He needed to save her. No. Matter. What!