! xi. hu tao's toe pics

! proofread

warning: mentions of weed

   it was monday, but today was actually one of the best mondays ever because it was some random person's birthday in the liyue department; whether you knew them or not, all classes were cancelled and everyone could visit the liyue department as pleased, or just skip school and have a good day. yes, celestial seminary actually cared about their students' wellbeing and wanted them to take care of themselves. impressive, right? unlike some other schools. [name] would skip school, but she had some friends in the liyue department she wanted to go see with her friends tagging alongside her.

"oh!! can we go see hu tao?" yoimiya exclaimed excitedly.

"oh, that girl with a cheerful attitude? her cheerfulness is nice, let's go visit her," ayaka agreed.

   "I haven't seen hu tao in a while, let's go," [name] smiled. the boys in their friend group had left for a 'guys day out', so it was just her, ayaka, sara, and yoimiya.

   "I would certainly like to go see her, she has a relaxing aura," sara agreed. hu tao's outgoing personality could cheer up even the most usually cold people. "except for that one time she played a prank on mrs. raiden the last time the departments were open."

   "it's okay, sara, it wasn't too harmful. just the usual water bucket thing," yoimiya reassured her, putting a hand on her friend's shoulder. sara managed a smile and the four girls headed out to the liyue department.

   surprisingly, there was a loud commotion. liyue was one of the most focused departments except for sumeru (the people there were kind of scary about their studying), so why was there a huge group of people crowding someone? even the scaramouche vs. venti fight didn't have as much people as that. "what's going on?" said [name].

   "I'm not sure, but we should check it out," said yoimiya, and they went to go see what the commotion was all about. and suddenly, the four girls froze in utter shock.

   hu tao was in the center of the circle, giving out toe pictures that she took, either posting it on feet finder for online payment or charging it on paperback for cash. "oh, hey there, guys! and [name], my most favorite of them all! do you guys want toe pictures? they're at a special 100% discount for close friends!"

   "uhm, no thank you," [name] sweatdropped, watching yoimiya accept a toe picture. ayaka and sara also declined. why the hell is hu tao selling toe pictures? "so, hu, is this some sort of new business?"

   "oh, yes! aside from the wangsheng funeral parlor, I'm deciding to be a part-time toe pic seller for some extra money," hu tao grinned. "that kazuha guy in the inazuma department is selling narukami weed down the hallway, the teachers aren't present today, what a surprise, am I right?"

   "kazuha's selling weed? the kaedehara kazuha?" yoimiya gasped. "if I put it in fireworks, will the colors show more vibrantly?"

"only one way to find out," sara shrugged, "should we go see him?"

"I guess," ayaka said. "I didn't know kazuha was the type of person to sell weed."

   you ran down the hallway excitedly to go see kazuha, the others following you. you and kazuha were friends but not that close, so today was the chance to get to know him better. "hey, kazoo-ha!" you exclaimed, giving him a tight hug.

   "hello, [name], nice to see you here. oh, and you guys must be her friends?" said kazuha, looking at the others as he pat [name] on the back. they had befriended each other over a group project and ever since then became friends.

   "hi, there, mr. kaedehara! so I heard that you're selling weed," yoimiya said, going up to the stand.

   "actually, yes, would you like to purchase some?" he chuckled, as yoimiya nodded. she handed over a few bills as kazuha handed her a container filled with marijuana. "thanks!" she exclaimed, shoving it into her tote bag.

   after bidding farewell to kazuha, they went back to go see hu tao, who was still selling the toe pictures. "50% OFF ORIGINAL PRICE FOR TOE PICTURES!! OH, AND YOU CAN GET COUPONS FOR THE WANGSHENG FUNERAL PARLOR AS WELL!"

   "I'll take a wangsheng coupon," [name] shrugged, as hu tao excitedly handed one out to [name] and sara (sara wanted special operations for whenever a relative died).

   "are these feet... in socks?" ayaka said, a little nervous at the fact that hu tao was selling feet pictures.

"yup, they're my feet! want one? it's free!" hu tao grinned, handing her a photo.

   "uhm... thank you," said ayaka, not wanting to be rude this time as she took it reluctantly. "I appreciate it."

   "and [name], do you still want a toe picture?" the brunette girl said, turning to [name]. the [hair color]-haired girl politely declined once again, as did sara who sweatdropped at the sight of the picture.

   [name] was looking around for a certain someone when she caught him by the library, talking to heizou. he was ranting on about kazuha doing stupid sh#t at a stand. "kazuha selling weed?! is he high on it again?! I honestly can't believe the calmest person alive would do this kind of stuff."

   "well~ personalities can be deceiving, as a future detective says," heizou said smugly, crossing his arms as he leaned against the bookshelves, noticing [name] from a distance and giving her a wink. her ears turned a light shade of pink and she approached them cautiously.

"hey, idiot," scaramouche said.

   "wow, hello to you too," [name] said sarcastically as heizou started laughing, "not bad, not many people have the nerve to piss scaramouche off."

   "yea, well, that's scaramouche for you," [name] replied as scaramouche scowled at the both of them, "should I leave you too alone for the sake of not being annoyed?"

   [name] turned to him puzzledly as heizou started laughing again. damn, he's definitely in love with her. "chill out, scaramouche, didn't you insult her first?"

   "shut up," he sighed, wondering why he felt a weird sensation in his stomach, feeling butterflies as he stared at her face. oh shit. there's no way, right? no way...

or is there?

END OF CHAPTER

1047 WORDS

xiaohana©

soo.... denile is a river in egypt?

we'll find out soon 👀