17

My happiness would have been at peak if I wouldn't have read those DNA reports

Mom came forward and hugged me, "How are you Radha?" She cupped my cheeks and caressed them.

"You are so glowing so much.. let's go inside. I'll make something for you" I hope mom is atleast genuine if not dad, otherwise I'll be shattered. She's the one who made me felt loved, I hope she actually believed me as her daughter.

I felt Shardul's hand across my shoulder, "Not now aunty, Radha is still under my supervision" he had a smirk plastered on his face.

He had his grip tightened around me, what does he even think? Like I'm someone he owns.

"You need to stop acting like you own me, because you clearly don't". I loosened his grip over my shoulder and made a distance from him.

A frown appeared on his forehead but he still chose to give me my space.

"Aunty ji, I think you should take Radha with you" Shardul said, "Along with my two guards" Shardul choosed few of the guards and asked them to follow me wherever I go.

Can't I enjoy my moment of freedom?

We started walking towards the kitchen, "Radha, I shouldn't be saying this but he seems to care about you"

I took the glass of water and dropped few ice cubes in it.

"Yeah? By intervening in my privacy?" I'm so frustrated, by these men in my life controlling my life every now and then, and deciding what is right for me, when I can clearly make that decision for myself.

"But, Radha he took good care of you" she patted my cheeks, "See you have gained weight and you are glowing" my eyes widened at that comment.

"Really ma?" She nodded happily.

"Well I had nothing to do there, except I used to just cook eat and sleep" I giggled.

"Sounds tempting" Mom said, "Now tell me what you will eat ?"

I bit my lip as I thought about all the options, "Umm... I'll have that special dal khichdi you make everytime, just for me" I pouted in innocence and she immediately agreed to it.

She took out the necessary groceries and started cooking, "How was Maldives?"

"Maaa..." I whined, "You are asking as if I was gone on a trip"

I slapped my palm in front of my forehead.

"My life was arduous, I used to miss you and well... Um.. dad " I smiled half heartedly.

"Why are you hesitant beta?" Ma asked, I bit my lower lip nervously and bought my knees to my chest.

"Ma- was I-I adopted?" I stammers at my words, " Please be honest, because I got some DNA reports from Shardul, where it says I'm not your daughter"