💔 Sacrifice? [1/2] 💔

I WANT ODD DUO... Anyway here's some soul crushing angst with them, enjoy!!

"He who opens the box will be granted unlimited power!"

The whole room devolved into absolute chaos. Everyone was fighting left and right. Melony was absolutely destroying the members while the other guardians helped out... well most of them. Three was preoccupied with the thought of the ultimate power.

BCL: "Nooo stop! Leave my members alone!" He scrambled around to try to find someone to help him, but nobody was available... Wait, there's an emo looking dude right there. "Hey you!" Three quickly rotated over to face the leader. "You want to meet the God Box? Then stop these fools and I'll show you the DIVINE WAY."

His eyes widened up, he was intrigued with the idea... too intrigued. He went up and snatched Mario, holding him over the sacrifice box. "OI! LOSERS!"

Four swiftly took notice of the event. "SMG3!? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"

Three: "ME WANT UNLIMITED POWER!"

Not long after he said that, One also saw what he was doing. Before they could say anything though, Melony lunged towards Three, holding the sword to his chest. Just then, his life was starting to flash before his eyes. Was that worth it? Was he about to get what he deserved?

Four: "NO! MELONY! STOP! THATS TOO FAR!!"

Three took one last glance at Four, uttering what would've been his last words. "Look after Terrance for me..." He closed his eyes, accepting his fate.

...

Melony: "NOOOO!" She shortly pulled back, letting the guardian live. Three rised up, and his face was full of shock. She then decided to fly up and escape from the scene, crashing through the ceiling.

While everyone was trying to collect themselves, Three tried to brush off what just happened. "Ugh, the audacity. Am I right guys?" Four slapped Three's face. At that moment, Mario got up and tackled the Box Club Leader, restraining him to his best ability.

"Three..."

A figure grumbled from behind. "Huh?" Three attempted to look for whoever said that.

"THREE!!"

He finally found out who it was, he just had to look down... and it was One.

One: "WHAT WAS THAT?!"

Three: "Woah- listen... I can explai-"

Mario cut him off. "MARIO NEEDS-A SOME HELP OVER HERE!!!!" He was struggling with trying to keep BCL down. Four looked at his avatar and then towards the guardians. He decided to go help Mario instead of being a bystander.

Three tried to change the subject. "Damn, so today didn't really go as planned... huh?"

One went back to the topic they wanted to talk about. "YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN ALL OF US KILLED BACK THERE!!"

Three: "One listen, I could have gotten the power so-"

One moved in closer to the guardian. "THE BOX DOESN'T CONTAIN UNLIMITED POWER THOUGH!!! IT CONTAINS CHAOS AND DESTRUCTION!"

Three backed up a bit. "WHAT ARE YOU TO KNOW? YOU HAVEN'T EVER MET SUCH A DIVINE FIGURE BEFORE, RIGHT?"

One stammered: "W-WHY WOULD SUCH A THING NEED SACRIFICES THOUGH?! THAT'S ALREADY A SIGN OF PURE MALICE!!" Their voice was getting a bit strained from all the yelling.

Three kept inching away. "DON'T ALL GOOD THINGS COST A FORTUNE THOUGH?!"

Meanwhile, Four and Mario kept getting flung around by BCL. They both held on though, working together in order to stop such a menace. On the other hand, Two was expressing concern for what was happening as they stood behind One. "Hey... relax.. I don't want you to-"

One cut them off: "NOT ALL. NOT ALL!! AGAIN YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN YOURSEL- ALL OF US KILLED!!! REMEMBER.. MARIO'S YOUR AVATAR!!"

They just kept moving in towards Three, practically backing him into a wall. He was shaking a bit too. "H-Hey dude.. listen to--"

One: "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!! HOW CAN I TRUST YOU TO BE ON YOUR OWN IF YOU'RE GONNA PULL STUNTS LIKE THIS?!"

Two: "ONE-"

One: "YOU KNOW MELONY COULD HAVE KILLED Y- YOU KNOW WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED!!!"

Three struggled to raise his voice. "I GET IT- I GET IT- JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE-"

One: "I CAN'T LOSE ANOTHER PERSO- I CAN'T LOSE YOU OKAY?!"

...

Silence. Even Mario and Four were quieted down from the whole argument, with BCL awkwardly looking down to the side. None had ever heard One so upset before. They also had never seen Three in such a distressed state.

Two pulled on One's arm. "Hey uhm... bro.." They brushed their hand away from their arm, shaking a bit. One had just blown up, and everybody saw it. They're supposed to be the strong SMG, the calm one.. the-.... They soon left the room. As much as Two wanted to go after him, they knew that they needed space. Three was still shaking against a wall, hyperventilating. He was also on the verge of tears. Two steadily made their way towards him, putting a hand on his shoulder. They didn't go any closer or move away so he wouldn't freak out.

While that was happening, Mario was holding BCL over the sacrifice box. "TRY TO HURT MARIO WILL YOU?!"

BCL: "WAIT WAIT! MARIO. HELP ME FIND THE MESSIAH!!! If you do, I'll-" He was thrown right into the void.

Four: "...Gee you reckon that was a little too harsh?"

Mario: "Nah, the box club leader told Mario where that thing goes." Two quietly led Three out of the room while that was happening.

.....

One was sitting outside, staring at the night sky. It had been a couple hours since the argument had happened, and they're feeling more settled down now. They've thinking about a lot of things since that incident though. Zero, The Box Club Leader, and now nearly Three... What more could possibly happen to him? Who could they even go to for support anymore? Can they keep going on like this? Right when they were about to leave, Three emerged into the scene.

They were spooked from the sudden arrival, rotating over quickly. "Oh uh... g'evenin to you..." No answer. "...Sorry.. I-"

Three uttered: "It's okay- it's-... I'm sorry." His eyes avoided One's gaze. "Look... I understand that-"

One: "I shouldn't have blown up at you like that."

Three: "...but-"

One lowered their head. "I just... You can't do that. We don't want anyone getting hurt." They went back to staring at the night sky.

Three: "..... You really don't want to lose me though?"

One: "...Well.. we CAN'T lose you. You're supposed to be the one protecting the avatar.."

Three: "...anything else?"

One crossed his arms. "I- I don't know..." What else was there to say? Then again, it was like they had say so much right now. Do they hate him? No. Are they still mad? Of course. Do they like him? Do they... they have no clue. Why do they care even?

Three: "One?"

One: "Like I said... I don't know. I just... can't. I mean- WE can't. ... already lost enough as it is." They held onto themself. "You understand that ... right?"

Three nodded: "...I see.." He stared at the cube lad for a moment. ".Am I allowed to come train still?"

One turned their head up. "..... Saturday. 9:00 A.M. Be there."

Three: "..Alright, I'll see you there." He navigated towards him. "...Thanks again.... and- I'm sorry.. again-"

Throughout the rest of the night, they stood peacefully, just admiring the stars in the sky. Neither really spoke to each other, they just let the sounds of nature... not so natural nature wash over them. They just hoped that this whole god box situation doesn't get worse...

(1259)