36.

Chapter thirty six | Amara
It's been two weeks since the truth has unraveled, and so far, everything has been going great, "What time is it?" Ezekiel asks as he strolls inside, he's wearing a towel that's currently wrapped around his hips.

I pull down my glasses and look up at him, not bothering to hide my gaze as I check him out, a smirk appears at the corner of his lips.

"We only have 15 minutes so hurry." My response doesn't even make his expression falter, he stays still in his spot, hands crossed, "Why are you giving me that look, darling?" He teases as if he doesn't know.

"You won't tell me where you were," I state, an hour ago he left and came back just a few minutes later, not wanting to tell me where he went, it's almost childish, but I'm annoyed, and it's clear that I can't hide my annoyance.

"Come here." He demands, arching a brow, I sigh and stand up, strolling towards him until we're face to face, I have to crack my neck so that I'm looking at his face,

His hand comes up as he brushes my cheek, my eyes hold his and I breathe out, we'll be late if this starts execrating, "Ezekiel." I mutter, trying to stop him but the moment his lips meet mine I'm lost.

We stay like this for a couple of moments, drowning in each other, hands clutched, pain lost, pleasure promised, "Focus, darling." He whispers against my lips, his hot breath falling on my neck.

My brows furrow as confusion rushes through my body, I take a step back and inspect his tatted chest, a new reddened ink catches my attention and I inch closer to his arm, taking it in my hands.

The two scars he once showed me from his attempt are clear under the sunlight, my heart cracks but then my movements are still when I notice what's written over it, my name.

Amara, it's written in cursive on his wrist.

I swallow the knot tightening down my throat and my eyes snap up to Ezekiel's, tears blur my vision and emotions overfill me to the point where it's overwhelming.

"This is beautiful." I whisper in awe, my heart pounding hard in my chest as I continue staring in his eyes, he brushes my cheeks and plants a kiss on my temple, "I'll be here in a minute." He says and walks away to get dressed.

I'm left with a mind full of thoughts clouding each other, and my heartbeats are still erratic in my chest, moments pass and Ezekiel appears in the hallway, in all black of course.

Classic Ezekiel.

I smile slightly and walk towards him as I grab my phone, checking my unread messages, there's a couple from Alexander and Ekaterina, insisting that we don't go late.

Today we're supposed to go meet Romero Volkov, the asshole has kidnapped the poor woman that I have no idea about for over two weeks now, Alexander and Ezekiel didn't exactly clarify that until two days ago.

And I insisted on visiting her, trying to help through the pain or anything, I'm sure she's paranoid, I've seen how scary the asshole can be, and from the picture I saw, she looks innocent, pure, and most of all happy, I just hope Romero doesn't destroy that happiness.

Even though I think it's too late for that.

༺❁༻

We've been waiting for Alexander and Ekaterina for over 30 minutes right now, it's becoming infuriating, but then I hear the honk of Alexander's black Maybach and they come into view.

Seconds later, they approach us, Ekaterina brushes her long blonde hair across her back and Alexander holds her closer, his hair messy as well, straightening his shirt.