˙˙˙dn ʞɐǝɹᙠ ǝɥ⊥

┌────── ﹀﹀☆﹀﹀ ──────┐
                                                              Chapter Three...
                                                                             ☆
                                                                The Break up...
                                         └────── ︿︿☆︿︿ ──────┘

                                                           ﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀

                                                           ﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀

               SAGE AND STEVE sat together in the library half studying, half talking about what happened the night before on Halloween.

"Come on, Steve, you can't hide out in the library all day to avoid Nancy. She's going to find you eventually, probably not in here though. This will be the last place she'll look." Sage whispers.

Steve nods. "Exactly, that's why this is the perfect spot to hideout."

"No, because you're illiterate and you'd never pick up a book if it wasn't for a grade," she retorts. "You'd barely even do that-"

"Okay, enough with the sarcasm, Sage. How could you not tell me all those things Nancy did? I had no idea she sabotaged your life like that. The lengths she went to to stop you to from dating is like she likes Jonathan or something. I mean, I wouldn't do that for someone I didn't like," Steve whispers. "It's crazy. I mean, she told me I was bullshit and how our relationship is bullshit. What's that supposed to me?"

"That she thinks it's bullshit," she says plainly.

Steve grunts. "I'm serious, Sage. I don't know what to do anymore. I thought our relationship was great, I thought we were in a good place, we were happy, she was a little distant, but I just thought with all the tests going on in her classes that-"

"We don't have tests going on," Sage interrupts. "I mean, we did but they weren't massive tests. AP Honors classes have less tests than college prep classes do. Nancy told me she doesn't study for her tests anymore. Not after Barb went missing, or died, who knows."

"What did you say?" Steve asks.

Sage furrows her brows. This is her chance to play dumb and get answers from Steve. He's clueless and gullible, getting answers from him will be much easier than prying them out of Nancy. "What do you mean? Barb died, right? Isn't that what Nancy said?"

"She said Barb's dead? No, she's missing, not dead," Steve clarifies. "I don't know what she told you, but she's not dead."

Sage holds her hands up in surrender. "Why so defensive, Stevey?" she teases. "That's just what I heard from Nancy. She told me Barb had died that night at the party..."