Chapter Two; Evie

When becoming friends with Carlos, it also meant that Mackenzie just had to become friends with the other three Villain Kids

The first one that Carlos introduced Mackenzie too was Jay, his "number one bro" so to speak. Jay was athletic and rambunctious, like a child who had gotten into the special holiday chocolate. But Mackenzie concluded that he wasn't mad like her, he was just hyper. Though little in common, Jay liked Mackenzie. And Mackenzie liked Jay. So they agreed to be friends.

The second one she met was Evie. Evie was the "dramatic fashionista". Carlos' words, not her's. Carlos had a gut feeling that they would bond since they had one thing in common. And when he took her too Evie's dorm that one Thursday afternoon, his gut feeling was correct as he watched Evie spoil Mackenzie with a necklace that apparently went well with her color pallet. And in return, Kenzie had sized up her head for a hat that would "fit her just right".

Now meeting Mal was so very awkward for Kenzie. She knew the future Queen's secrets even before said Queen even met the mad girl. So as Mal held out her hand for Mackenzie to shake, she couldn't help but feel guilty before stepping back, making up some lame excuse about her dorm mate, Jane, just yelled out her name before running off.

"What's her deal?" Mal asked, watching as the Hatter sped off.

"She's just shy." Carlos defended. "She didn't really have any friends before she met me, you know? It reminded me of how I felt when we first came here. The difference is that she came alone when I had you guys."

Mal could one watch the girl, suspicions rising, before nodding at Carlos' words.

Now, in present time, Evie had pulled Mal aside from an interview to work on her Cotillion dress,   claiming that if she didn't work on it right this instant then "Mal would be dancing in her bath robe".

Along in Evie's shop/dorm was Mackenzie, who Evie had taken it upon herself to be put in charge of accessories for her dresses since she barely had any time to work on the accessories for dresses. The Hatter girl did not mind following Evie's designs, just happy to be back in the sewing game. In Wonderland, she would always love helping her Father sew and tailor, and of course hat. Now she had the opportunity to bead pearls onto strings, sew wallets, and of course would occasionally make an extravagant hat if the outfit called for it.

"Evie! I can't breath!" Mal gasped, Mackenzie looking up from the crown she was fixing up for said VK. A golden base with sapphires placed upon it. Personally, Mackenzie thought that Evie could've chosen a different color scheme for Mal, but she understood why she did it.

"You can breath after Cotillion." Evie said, tightening the corset into a bow. Mackenzie giggled lightly, standing up with the tiara in hand before placing it on her head.

"Too tight? Too loose? Or just right?" She asked, tilting her head.

Mal blinked at her, taking a step back from her. "It's fine." The Hatter girl smiled before snatching it off her head and going back to her desk. "Hey Evie."

"Yes?"

"Do you ever wonder what we would be doing if we were back on the Isle?" Mackenzie looked up from her Evie's desk, staring at Mal. Evie, who had been measuring the hem of Mal's dress laughed.

"That's funny." As if on cue, the news jingle on the television started playing. "Oooo, look who's on TV!" Evie teased, leading her friend off the platform.

"As the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine."

On the screen, Mac snorted as Mal had discreetly take something out of her mouth, hiding it in her napkins. "Very classy." She muttered to Evie, who just shook her head fondly in return.

As the news-anchor continued the story of Mal and her boyfriend, Mackenzie watched as the now blonde went to her own desk drawer before pulling out her spell book. She looked away quickly, pretending not to notice as Mal did a quick spell until Evie started speaking.

"I know Mal's secret to fitting in," Evie began, walking over to her best friend, "and Ben wouldn't like it on bit. Don't you agree Kenzie?"

"I have no opinion." She said quickly, busying herself with Mal's boots, adding the last bit of blue fabric.

"Haven't you two had enough secretes between the two of you already?"

"Evie, you remember what I was like before I started using my spell-book again! I was a complete and total disaster." Mal pointed out. "And it was so obvious how out of place I was, don't you agree Mackenzie?"

The duel-haired girl looked at Mal, smiling. "Not Red Queen disaster, more-so... clueless disaster." She said, trying to put it gently.

"See!" Mal huffed, crossing her arms.

"Well," Evie began, reaching for the book, "as your best friend I personally believe that this spell-book-!"

"Ah!"

"It belongs in the museum along with my mirror." Mal glared at her before pouting. "No, don't give me that face." Evie said, only for Mal to keep pouting. Mackenzie stared at the interaction, giggling when Evie didn't give in.

"Don't you ever miss, just... running wild?" Mal asked, standing up. "And breaking all the rules?"

"Like stealing and lying and fighting?"

"Yeah!"

"No!"

"What?"

"Why would we?" Evie scoffed, dragging Mal to a mirror. "M, come here! Look at where we are! We're in Auradon, and we're Auradon girls now."

Kenzie watched from Evie's desk as the two watched a news clip of Mal indulging herself with  strawberries on a date with Ben. Evie squeaked, giving the girl a side hug in awe at the cute moment that was caught.

"See, this is a place of opportunities! Let's just leave the past in the past." Evie said, snapping her fingers. Kenzie quickly placed a shoe in her hand, Evie smiling appreciatively. "And besides, look at these boots! Look at them! Without Kenzie I'm not sure I would've had the time to bring my creation to life!" She admired, sending a wink at Kenzie's way before walking away to put the pair up on a shelf. When she was far away, Kenzie leaned into Mal's personal bubble, making the princess jump.

"I know how you feel." She whispered before quickly leaning away, working on a necklace for another client.