10. Visiting

10. Visiting

Snow POV

"Huh, no way. She's after you. I'm not letting you leave the Pole." Said Jack being very protective. But I need to see my mom. She might give me the answers.

"Look, do you want to take me, or do I have to walk there?" I said looking into his blue eyes. They started to loosen up. "I need to know this Jack, she is the only person who might know something, anything." I just thought of my mom. I hope she's not hurt, or worrying about me. Wow, I've been gone a while now.

Jack looked away for a moment contemplating. He walked around a bit and waved his staff around. But afterwards, he came back and said, "Fine."

"You know where to go?" I ask him.

A smirk appeared on his face, "Of course I do."

Without any warning, Jack's arm wrapped around my waist and we flew into the air. I blushed for a moment.

"Be careful!" Yelled North from below.

I closed my eyes for a bit, scared that I was going to fall. I clutched onto Jack's hoodie as we flew through the frozen air.

"Wow, I won't drop you." He said.

I started to look around. We were flying way high up. I couldn't even see the ground. A smile crept up in my face. I looked up at Jack, he was smiling too. Even after flying all the time, he would never hate this, and neither would I.

After a while we started to descend. The winter weather froze my fingers and toes. My whole face froze.

We landed right at the front door of my house. The sun was barely setting. No lights appeared in the house. I took the house key out of my pocket and unlocked the door. It was silent. It was creepy how the door creaked as it opened. I slowly walked in and past the door. Jack was about to come in, when the door slammed. I ran up to the door trying to get a hold of Jack, but I couldn't hear anything, I was locked away from everything from the outside world here, and nothing could get in.

Jack POV

I was about to enter Snow's house, when the doors just slammed. I ran up to the door trying to break it down, but it was just no use. I put my ear up to the door, but I couldn't hear her. I didn't give up my hopes just yet. I flew all around the house, tried to break down any door or window I would find, not even a scratch appeared. I flew back to get a view of the whole house. As I flew back I saw a piece of paper stuck to a wooden pole. It was a missing poster. I came closer to it and saw the picture. "Oh no..." I muttered to myself.

Snow POV

After a while of leaning by the door, I saw a red glow coming from the living room. I hesitantly got up and started to walk toward there. The fireplace just turned itself on. I slowly approached it. The heat felt good toward my frozen skin. But there'a just something not right about this.

"Vasilisa," the voice said behind me. I quickly turned to not find anyone. I got up and placed my self into a defensive position.

I walked all around the house searching everywhere. Everything seemed to be the same, but it felt different. The last room I headed to was my room. The light blue haze of the walls filled my eyes. I turned a little to find... my mom. She was in the corner of my room with her hands over her face, she was crying. She looked so terrified. I ran over to her, I wanted to never let her go. But her head started to raise from her hands and she transformed into Baba Yaga. I turned and tried to run, but she locked the door.

"Jack!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.  

"Jack!" Over and over again I yelled, but she got closer and closer to me until her burning hand grabbed my throat.

"Nu Vasilisa, why do you always make things so difficult?" She said as she squeezed her hand harder around my neck. I thought I was going to be gone forever, dead, there was nothing I could do. A single tear rolled from my eye and slowly dripped down my face. This was my end. I was about to run out of air, when I heard the door kicked open. I was dropped to the ground and smoke filled my nose as I gasped for air.

Jack POV

I kept trying to get in. Ice and snow now covered the whole house, when I smelt something, smoke was starting to rise more from the chimney. The ice and snow started to melt and flames covered the house.

From out of nowhere I saw policemen running in and out of the house. A huge fire truck arrived at the scene and some firefighters got ready to go in while others started to extinguish the flames. I started shooting snow at the flames to help, but the fire sort of reacted and started to become worse. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Baba Yaga flying off in her weird barrel looking thing with a broom in her hand pushing her along, like a paddle for a boat in water.

I ran right inside the house to try and find Snow when I see two fire fighters coming out holding a body. I paused for a moment. Other people from the ambulance ran over. I didn't care. I leaned over the body to see that it was Snow. I put her hand in mine and held it tight. I knew she wasn't dead, and that she wouldn't die. Two people were trying to get her to breathe again. After a few tries they just stopped and gave up. I looked at them wanting to yell at them, but I heard a cough. A slight movement. Her eyes opened slightly and she whispered, "Jack?"

I paused for a moment not believing my eyes. "Y-yeah, it's me. How you feelin?" I didn't know what to say. She would have died there.

Before she could answer, the two people put a mask on her face, put her into a gurney and carried her off to the ambulance. She reached out for me mouthing two words, "I'm scared."