Chapter 28

Chase's POV

"And you promise after we accept each other you'll never leave me or cheat on me? If you ever mark me I'm the only one that'll get affected so if you neglect me and go around sleeping with whoever you want, I'll make you regret it." I asked him seriously and he shook his head frantically.

"I swear I won't. I might hoe around sometimes but when I'm in a relationship I'm seriously super loyal. And I'd have you as a mate so I wouldn't need anyone else." He told me and his vibrant eyes looked really genuine as he spoke.

And I wanted to believe him but I was still scared.

If I weren't mated to a male with Alpha blood this entire situation would've been completely different. Alpha blooded males and females could cheat on their mates without feeling any physical or emotional damage.

In the past they even had harems so that they could strengthen and expand their bloodlines, and some packs even now still let their Alpha's have harems. But me, personally, I couldn't see myself sharing my mate with another person.

If he was my mate I didn't see why he needed to be with other wolves. If it was for children I'd bare as many as he needed, there wasn't a reason why he'd need anyone other than me at his side.

And the fact that I was his mate and they weren't would send me over the edge. I was a bit possessive but isn't everyone when they're with someone?

There's history of wolves having multiple mates, not just one, and even that thought scared me. If he had another mate that wasn't me, I don't think I'd handle it well emotionally.

I know it's out of his control since our sun and moon goddesses help us determine things like that but it would still be how I felt.

"And you promise you won't try to leave me no matter how many arguments we get into?" I asked more seriously.

This one was a big question because I felt like it was going go be a challenge for him. He was quick tempered so I had a feeling that he was the type of guy to just up and leave to get away from his problems.

Plus I felt like it was childish to leave someone over an argument. At least given the situation.

For example, light arguments were dumb to leave someone over and I felt like the people that leave their partners over light arguments just use those arguments as excuses to get out of their relationships.

Cause do you seriously want me to believe you broke up with me because I forgot to clean something or text you back as soon as I read your text?

"Yeah I promise. Everyone argues with their partners and no one's perfect. But at the same time, I'll probably put my foot down if we argue all the time. So maybe we can set some ground rules in the future to prevent that?" Juno suggested and I nodded.

"Like what?" I asked out of curiosity and he hummed in response for a bit before answering.

Us talking like this made my heart feel lighter so I was already starting to feel the effects of his initial rejection leave body.

"Sooo for starters, I know you seem to have this freedom of expression when it comes to clothing and I'm not going to dictate you...but I'd rather you just wear more revealing clothing around just me. Or we'd be arguing every time you tried to go out." He said and I felt like that wasn't too bad.

I couldn't be hypocritical cause if he was walking around campus with some short ass gray shorts or just some sweats without a shirt on, I'd probably be irritated.

He was attractive like I always thought even when we were arguing, so he naturally had gazes on him. He was muscular and had really broad shoulders along with some nicely defined pecs and abs.

His dark tanned skin also glowed when it was sunny and if he was shirtless, you could see sweat slide down his abs so seductively it didn't even make sense...not that I ever snuck a glance at him working out in the past in the sun or anything.

"Ok that's not too bad, I can do that. No crop tops, lace, see through clothing or going shirtless." I listed while using my fingers to count out things he probably wouldn't let my wear.

He smiled and nodded his head, almost making me fall out of his lap.

I hadn't seen him smile in so long that it took me by surprise and made me jump in his lap.

Juno had a single dimple on his right cheek and it stood out the second his face changed into a smile. His teeth were radiant and his expression was finally less intimidating and soft.

"Is there anything else we should discuss? You don't plan on marking or bonding anytime soon so we're basically just trying to get to know each other right?" I asked him curiously as I tried to move from in his lap.

But he just held me firmly in place, it was like he seemed to like the feeling of having me this close to him. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel the same way.

After rejecting me, I felt a strong sense of pain every time we were close by but now being in his lap was making me feel lighter than air.

"I just remembered something but you might not like it." He said and his smile dropped.

The way the words left his mouth, I immediately became scared. I thought we were finally moving forward.

"I have to tell my father about us...and you know since you're an omega now and my mate. Then you have to think about how you have to get pulled out school and leaving your apartment." He explained and I frowned.

"Well those other omegas haven't found their mates yet right? Isn't that why they're so sheltered? That rule shouldn't apply to me then since I have you." I replied with my voice shaking but he just shook his head.

"We're not bonding any time soon so even if we're mates, for the time being, others will be able to smell your pheromones and with you being irregular-" He tried to explain but this time I used all my strength to get out of his lap.

This wasn't fair.

I thought this might happen deep down but it was actually becoming my reality.

I worked so hard for all my grades and finally had a place of my own only for it to all be taken away in an instant. I was looking forward to all the art pieces that I had to create in this class with guidance and now I'll be stuck painting alone on pack grounds.