Chapter 3

Fights & Explanations

Naruto woke up the morning of his planned fight against a chunin of Konohagakure with a spring in his step, and a lightness on his heart that wasn't there yesterday. Kakashi had kept true to his words, and after their afternoon mission, cleaning the Inuzuka kennels, took Naruto to a ninja bar where the young blonde got his first taste of sake and the promised stories of his mother. He learned a bit about her history, and about the village she came from Uzushiogakure, who also happened to provide the First Hokage's wife Mito Uzumaki, and the first jinkurichi of the Kyuubi.

He learned that Kushina Uzumaki was very loud and brash, much like him, with an equally uncontrollable verbal tick and more energy than any two people combined. She loved ramen and pulling pranks, was a serious sword mistress, and not someone people ever wanted to mess with, earning herself two very distinguishable and accurate nicknames; "The Red-Hot Habanero" and "The Red Death." She was an above average Fuinjutsu user, as most Uzumaki's are naturally, and had a very unique bloodline that allowed her to use Adamantium Sealing Chains she sprouted from her back that were strong enough to actually hold down the Kyuubi in a limited fashion.

That last part about her bloodline was somewhat shocking, and it made Naruto wonder if he could ever activate the Adamantium Sealing Chains, and resolved himself to getting even better at Fuinjutsu to give him the best possible chance to succeed. He was also pretty sure his clan did in fact have another bloodline, as they seemed to be the only family used to seal the Kyuubi, and he wondered if that had to do with the potent chakra and longevity of life that Guy mentioned ran in his clan. Just more things to look up and research to determine the truth, and now with the added knowledge of Kushina, he was even more motivated to get started.

But first, he needed to prepare for a fight against a chunin opponent he hadn't yet been introduced to, and for what purpose exactly he wasn't completely sure but trusted Kakashi enough. Getting up and spamming his usual mass of over 1500 clones, he set them about their usual training tasks with the added instructions to prioritize learning about Kushina, the Uzumaki Clan, and Uzushiogakure. Since the Green Beasts were still currently out of the village on their C-Rank mission, Naruto didn't have to meet up with anyone and started his usual morning workout knowing it was really helping him improve and get stronger.

By the time he ate breakfast, and made his way towards Training Ground 7, Naruto could already see several people present including to his absolute shock, the perpetually late Kakashi and the Hokage himself, Sarutobi Hiruzen. He also recognized Kurenai Yuhi and Sarutobi Asuma, the jounin leaders of Teams 8 and 10 respectively, fortunately without their students since it was still pretty early. The other group of unknowns contained five people; an attractive and half-naked purple haired woman in fishnets and a trench coat, another attractive dark brown haired feral looking young woman with red Inuzuka Clan markings on her cheeks that looked a bit like Kiba, a tall slender ninja in all dark blue almost black clothes and bandana with silly round sunglasses on his uptight looking face, and finally a pair of goof offs Naruto knew as the "Gate Guards" Izumo and Kotetsu.

He knew both chunin "Gate Guards" relatively well, having often been the subjects of one of Naruto's many pranks over the years, and were two of the more relaxed and laid back of his usual chunin pursuers, often finding his pranks really funny. He could tell just from looking though, that one of them was going to be his opponent today, as none of the other observers seemed to be getting ready for a fight, and was somewhat apprehensive about fighting a known chunin. He knew Kotetsu was the lazier of the pair, but was also the stronger Genjutsu user, one of his untested weaknesses and wondered if he was going to be testing his Blood Clones re-spawning ability to truly keep Genjutsu from invading his ever changing chakra system.