Chapter 22: Bonding. No

In times of pain and sorrow we more than often substitute those feelings for anger. When one places a hand for help they often swat it away, worried of burdening the other.-It's okay.

I sat down on the small couch as he paced in front of me for a bit "Okay, I know about you and Mason." I felt a churn in my stomach. "And as your dad I don't think it's very appropriate for you two to date right now..." my eyes grew wide "What?" I mumbled "I've known Mason for a while and I know he was with another girl from his pack and--" I stood up interrupting him with an almost angry laugh.

"Wait a minute. First of all Mason and I aren't dating. Second you have no command in telling me who I can and can't date." I placed my hands on my hips. "Young lady, as your father I do." I roll my eyes and scoff.

"Wow, you're really milking that father card." I mumbled "Excuse me?" He said in an irritated tone. "You haven't begin in my life for no more than an two hours. I'm still trying to take in the fact your my dad in the first place, but it doesn't help when you continue to boss me around." I stated.

"That's what a parent does Jazzy. They boss you around because they don't want anything bad to happen to you. Now I'm telling you Mason isn't the best candidate for you to date." I shook my head "what makes you think I wanna date him?" I questioned "that look in your eye when he's near. I see you glance at him, grinning, blushing, giggling. I saw that same look in your mothers eye, now look at us. We couldn't be together cause our worlds too different. She wanted things that were different than I wanted, but we still respected one another to realize that wasn't something of fault." He put his hands in his pocket, and I saw a tear gather in his eye.

"I gave her the option of leaving, I knew it was best and so did she. We are still good friends but I can't put her through that same pain again." I felt a tug at my heart, at how he was hurting when he told me this. But he still made it about her than himself.

"I don't want you to hurt, Jazzy. I'm just worried about you."-Worried, that word hit a nerve as it bounced off his tongue. I backed away a bit and I went off "You shouldn't worry. You can't worry about me, not about someone you just met. Even of you are my dad were still strangers." I never liked people to worry about me, if they worry they ask, when they ask they get involved, when they get involved they try to help, when they try to help you get attached, when they get attached you lose them, when you lose them you get sad, when you get sad... people worry, and the process starts all over again.

"I'm a dad Jazzy, not to mention a wolf affectionate creatures if that's hard to believe. When it's a child that bond is made immediately, I've had this bond with you since you were born, your whole life I've had a bond with you, you just didn't know it." He said stepping closer.

I stepped back a bit more "Well it's gonna take a while for me to accept that dad. I'm sorry but you have to remember I'm half human. It's hard for me to bond so quickly." I lower my head and make my way to the door. "Wait Jazzy." I turn around "Your mother called... I hadn't picked up but you can go to my house and call her if you'd like." he said a bit choked up. I smiled and a tear came down my cheek "Thanks dad, but I think I'll call her tomorrow..." it hurt to have said that. I opened the door to see the king, queen, Mason and Dylan all wondering what happened. I walked pass them as if they weren't there. I made my way down the hall, tears became to heavy to hold and began to unravel themselves down my face. I made my way to the garden and hid myself far away.