3

It was Tuesday and I was eating dinner at my parents house today. I visit them a lot of times throughout the week. Living on your own is all fun and games until the boringness of being alone hits you, so I drop by as often as I can to still feel involved and spend time with my family.

When my ex boyfriend of 5 years broke up with me, I moved back in with my family, because I was a mess. I didn't wanna be alone in a huge apartment and just wanted to have some background noises which helped to deal with my thoughts.

David, my ex boyfriend, didn't cheat or didn't treat me badly. He just said his feelings changed and he felt like he'd miss out on something in life if he wouldn't break up with me.
We met each other at college and moved in together months after our graduation. I never saw some signs that he wanted to break up with me. The moment I saw him, I thought he was the one. The one to spend the rest of my life with. The moment he told me he wanted to end things, I felt my heart physically breaking. It took me a whole year to recover.

Currently, my little sister, Noella was complaining about her english teacher who apparently doesn't like her.
"No one raised their hand, no one! Who does he pick to answer his question? Obviously me. This is not a coincidence, there are almost thirty kids in the class!"
"Ella why would he hate you?"
My Dad asked and took a bite.
"I swear Dad he just hates me without any reason!"
Noella answered.
Dad furrowed his eyebrows.
"N'exagère pas!"
he replied immediately and Noella turned her head to me.
"I'm not overreacting!"
Noella said protectively.
"Come on V, say something!"
She added.
I shook my head and looked at her with a tormented face.
"Mr. Fredly never had something against me, I'm sorry Elle."
She rolled her eyes and switched her head back and forth between Mom and Dad.
"I need you to talk to him!"
They both immediately shook their heads.
"Noella we will if his behavior won't change, but you're only a couple weeks into the new school year! You need wait."
Mom replied and Noella annoyingly let herself fall into her seat.

My sister just got into junior year at High School and wanted everything to be perfect. A teacher that kind of seemed to dislike her wasn't on the list.

I turned to my Mom.
"What's Matteo up to? Is he not home?"
My Mom shook her head.
"He said he has to work on a project for one of his classes, but I think,"
she turned her head to the clock on the wall.
"He should be here any minute."
My brother commutes to college so he spends a lot of time in the car. I also didn't live in a dorm at my college. It probably should've been part of my college experiences, but I never had the feeling I missed out on something. I loved spending time with my friends at their dorm but what I loved even more was driving home and being around my family everyday and living in my room. I went to Michigan State and so did he right now. It was the only way possible to commute, Central State would've been too far away. I'm curious if my little sister will continue with the tradition in some years.

"How's work Valeria?"
Dad asked me, surprisingly, in english.
He mostly still tried to speak french with us. He didn't want us to get confused with which parent we speak english and french when we were little and we maintained that.
"Nothing interesting for me. I got a new client this week but that's it! I'll take a look at the file tomorrow at work."
Noella's eyes light up.
"Can I talk to Mr. Fredly and tell him you'll sue the shit out of him if he doesn't change his attitude?"
I laughed while almost choking on my mashed potatoes and heard a gasp from my Mom.
"Noella!"
She warned her.
"Unfortunately, I can't!"
Noella rolled her eyes again.
"Great."
She answered sarcastically and let herself fall back into her seat.
It's always good to be home.

Suddenly, the front door opened and I heard Matteo's voice.
"Home!"
He entered the room and smiled at me.
"What's up Lari!"
Matteo calls me Lari since he was a baby.
Mom said he couldn't pronounce my name yet so he shortened it and called me Lari instead of Valeria.
"Take a seat, how was your project?"
Mom ordered and pointed at the chair in front of him.
"Frustrating. It's exhausting being around idiots for a whole day."
He answered.
"Try me!"
I stated.
"You can walk out of that door, I can't!"
He pointed at the door with his fork with a smirk which earned a firmly stare of our parents.
"Remember who wanted to commute to college instead of living at the dorm?"
My Mom asked him and smiled, almost proudly.
"Just because I love you so much and I'm everyone's sunshine. Your daily life wouldn't be as great as it is without me!"
Matteo answered with his smirk and ate from his plate.
"What did I miss?"
He then asked and changed the subject.
"Your little sister was complaining about her teacher."
My Dad answered with an amused face.
"So I didn't miss anything?"
He replied confused and turned his head to Noella.
She rolled her eyes and drank from her water.
"You know what? Maybe it would be better if you'd live at the dorm!"