Chapter 20: My Heart sank

It started to rain outside, heavy thundering and lightning could be heard. Tiana thought to herself, it's a perfect timely rain.

Tiana urged everyone that they should leave the residence and flee that night.

Agatha questioned; you are pregnant. people can't withstand this travel in heavy rain how can you?

Mom, "it's not the time to worry. we have to go, the rain will hide our traces, imagine can anyone come out when it's raining heavily that too with heavy thunder and lighting. Not to mention travel" uttered Tiana.

Hattie's gaze sullen, she tried not to show her hardened heart. She couldn't take how everyone suffered because of her.

Agatha went to pack everything, in her mind "I will bring my Children to safety"

Hattie as usual hiding everything she uttered, "Sister, I am here with you. Although it's dangerous don't be afraid I will protect you"

Tiana laughed, "when did my little sister grow up, is she going to protect me" taking her hands in her's "umm..with these small little hands"

Selene came forward uttering, "Tiana, it's you who always spoils her"

Sister -in -law, "I will always be the one to protect Hattie, the day I couldn't will be my last"

Selene shut her mouth with her hand, "How could you just say that"

Hattie hugged Tiana upon hearing those words, she couldn't hold her tears any longer. Without uttering anything she wept like a child.

"Finally, Hattie, you are letting it all out". Selene caressed her head.

Tiana's eyes filled with tears, "you stupid. Do you think we don't know anything. Don't blame yourself, it isn't your fault" she kissed her head.

Selene tied her unicorn and other unicorns to the carriage, everything was set.

Agatha stepped forward; "everyone will sit inside and no one should peak out".

Selene uttered, mom although I am injured, I can drive the carriage.

Selene...I will not let you do this; we are not going by land. These roads are rough and maybe we can meet troubles, Tiana is pregnant. So, as her mom I will take the risk.

Selene's lips thinned, by ri- risk you mean?

"We WILL FLY. Selene get inside. GO NOW" she said.

With all her might, Agatha summoned her power. Her eyes widened; her jaw clenched...slowly red light emitted from both her hands...she burst into a Scream (Her power flowed) She formed a barrier around the carriage.

The carriage lifted into air in no time, the unicorns embraced the sky with its wings. Pushing forward through the dark night sky.

The lightning grew worse, it stroked the Barrier. Agatha struggled and the power flurried. Making the barrier even stronger.

Lighting after Lightning, her limbs grew tired. Hattie peaked out; her mom was suffering. She couldn't take it, but she must not use her power.

She felt like her hands are tied up, feeling disabled. Tiana hugged her, "it's going to be okay".

Tiana kept saying those words, but Hattie can't calm down. She buried her face in Tiana's chest. Tiana hugged her tight. "It's going to be Okay".

Selene said to herself, "Mom, forgive me that I am going to break your words this time..."

She flew out of the carriage at the same time the barrier was about to crack, just in time Selene sealed the barrier with her power.

Agatha stormed out, "I told you to stay inside, let's go down"

"Mom, we can't go down in halfway" she uttered.

Agatha clenched her jaws, "you aren't recovered yet, if lightning strikes you will die"

Tiana shouted, "we have arrived"

They lowered the carriage, this time a huge lightning flashed on, Agatha threw herself and got stroked.

Agatha could barely hear, "Mom...Mom" the sound grew distant as she spit blood and closed her eyes. The faint red light around her vanished.

Author's Note: Dear readers,  Comment your thoughts.