My Prince - 3

Franczeska:

I just can't stop worrying about what the principal will say to me. 

Then, someone tapped me at my back and said, "Go on. It might not be a bad news after all."

"Thanks Irish." 

I'm glad that Amy and Irish are here to comfort me.

When I entered the Principal's Office, a not-so cheerful greeting welcomed me.

"Good morning Franczeska." 

"Good morning Mrs. Smith." I guess she doesn't really have a good morning just by hearing her voice. 

Before saying the reason why she called me, she sipped first at her cup of coffee and took a bite from sandwich. After a few seconds of awkward silence, she said, "I have a good news for you Ms. Murray."

Whew! Thank goodness! I was so relieved.

"We chose you to be an exchange student in Streatham and Clapham High School in London. You're going to stay there for 6 months. "

"Uhmm, how about my money?" Yah, I know, I shouldn't have asked that but I just need to.

"Well, we will give you pocket money. You'll stay at the host family which is the exchange student's family so you don't need to worry."

Oh. How I wish that there are no children in that house. I just can't stand having noisy children around. 

Again, Mrs. Smith took a bite from the sandwich. I think she's really hungry, that's why she decided to eat it all up first. Then she continued. "We chose you because you're an excellent student. You're grades are high. So, there's no need for an application. Well then, I wish you luck. You're flight will be on Friday night."

"Thanks Mrs. Smith."

She just gave me a nod as a response.

The moment I went out of the office, I told Amy and Irish the whole story. 

Amy's eyes widened as she exclaimed, "OH! MY! GOSH! I'm so happy for you!" They both gave me a hug. I'm also glad about this good news. Today is Wednesday. I still have two days to arrange my things. For sure Mom  will be so happy and proud. I just can't wait! 

After eight hours in school, Amy and Irish decided to come with me at home. 

Irish suddenly asked, "Are you going to be ok? I mean, being in a different country is quite hard."

Instead of giving a serious answer, I just teased Irish. "Haha! I guess you're jealous because I am going to London. You want to come?" Me and Amy laughed out loud. 

Amy and Irish went home after an hour. I told mom the good news. I knew that she would be very glad.

As I went to my bed, I already have list of the things I'll do in London. Although that list is only written in my mind. I promise to myself that I will really enjoy there. 

I promise. Just enjoy and no worries.

Then Friday came.

Mrs. Smith just called this morning. She said that it's okay for me not to go to school. 

Thank goodness, I still have more time to sleep again. I slept at 1 am. Thanks to Amy. She called me at about 10 pm. Even though it's already late, she still have this energetic aura. Especially when it comes to her ex-boyfriend. I don't why she asks me for advice. I didn't even have a boyfriend yet. And I don't want to have, but, of course I still want to fall in love.

It's 7:30 in the morning. I'll just sleep again for 2 or maybe 3 hours. Then I'll pack my things up.