Chapter 2

Ian smiled inwardly as Anthony took a seat next to him on the leather coach. Although they were both pretty square on their feelings for each other, it wasn't like the perfect game of Tetris, where all the pieces fell together into straight lines. No, the relationship was too driven by raw emotion for it to be without flaws.

Since when did it evolve from a kiss to a relationship? You're getting ahead of yourself.

Although the thought was entirely true, it still irritated Ian. Maybe because Anthony really hadn't been direct about where he wanted last night's shower incident (You say incident... You don't mean it that way.) to lead. Maybe because Anthony was now holding onto him in a way that made Ian feel wanted by someone other than his blood relatives (Oh, such a creative way of saying "your mom".)

And, as Anthony's arm encircled Ian's waist in a way that brought back the heat of the shower, Ian couldn't help but ask, "So... Are we, like, in a relationship now?" The sound of the "r" word made Ian's brain activity flare up like a wildfire.

No, you're not. Just sex buddies.

Frustration raced through Ian's veins. First, his mind teased him into kissing Anthony, and now it was draining his hope to be with the love of his life? Fuck his way of thinking.

No, fuck Anthony. That's why we're here, right?

Eyes sparking with delight, Anthony replied to Ian's early question, "Of course." When Ian looked blankly back at him, he mumbled in a detached way, "...only if you want to..."

Flashing back to reality and away from his mind's civil war, Ian blinked and responded, "Yeah, yeah. Sorry for tuning out." A smile etched itself on Ian's face to transmit the message of him being sorry for worrying Anthony.

"Good." Anthony's free hand found its way into Ian's bowl of hair. "Now... You feel like 'establishing' our new relationship?" His air quotes were not necessary to expose the poorly hidden innuendo.

Finally, something we can all agree on!

Everything inside Ian felt like it had caught fire. The idea sounded so good that his lower region had already begun to extend. "I'll take up your offer," Ian whispered huskily before jumping off the couch and effectively out of Anthony's grasp. He then stood by Anthony's still-sitting form and reached down to pick up his now-boyfriend.

Ugh, that sounds so fucking gay... Heheh, get it? Fucking gay? Fucking? Gay? When Ian's rational side failed to respond, his mind automatically muttered, Fine. Piss off.

However, Anthony yanked one of Ian's reaching arms hard so that Ian fell back on the leather furniture. To answer Ian's raised eyebrow, Anthony shrugged and asked, "Who needs beds?"

Certainly not you.