(chapter 4)for the users who had trouble reading

(Some users are not able to read chapter 4 as it is a Wattpad error or something but you can read it from here and then continue to chapter 5) peace out.

Chapter 4 :- My clock works
______________________________________
There is a saying by old Chinese monks that 'That if you give your everything to a person who has everything you will be left with nothing' too simple?
Yeah it's a simple quote but quite hard to relate, and in my case it was very hard.
It's been weeks and i didn't meet Sarah, she messaged me several times but I deftly avoided her.
Mr.B is also happy seeing Sarah alone.
Is that really a liking that leads a person to do such things?
"Mr.B now can't trace your phone and you can turn on your location services"
"Okay thanks bro"
I ended the call with Bruce and started getting ready, it's time to meet Sarah after so much time and i hope she hasn't lost too much interest in me.
I went to meet Sarah and saw David and Sarah walking together, a pinch of jealousy startled me.
'calm down Zach you know too that David knows too that you like Sarah'
"Sup" I said
"Look who decided to show up" Sarah said in a angry voice
"Sorry I was a little bit busy"
"Busy?" David said
"You get busy just after we hang out?, What do you expect, what would I be thinking, I thought that you are avoiding me"
"No! I wasn't avoiding you, literally i was busy, my parents got me running into all sort of errands"
"Okay I'll believe that for now"
"Yesh"
"But don't get too excited you are still under my radar"
"Oh comeon Sarah, your radar?
Imma put you on fridge and you won't be able to get down" i said with a giggle
"This is the biggest insult i have ever recieved"
"I live to suprise you..." I said with a singsong tone
David and I both laughed and after a while Sarah joined too..
I went home after meeting Sarah and then I finally realised that David is not Mr.B, why? Because eventually David has a crush named Alice l, who studies with him in his classes, so yeah I know that doesn't prove anything but still David would never do this type of thing not to me not to Sarah atleast.
After a few days there came another message, I thought it would be Mr.B but no it was David, he wanted to hangout and obviously I said yes, today we were on our own.
"No girls today?"
"You tell me, you called me"
"Yeah, Chloe is out of town and Sarah is not feeling well"
"Is Sarah okay?"
"Yeah she is fine"
"I see"
"Sup bro, you sad?"
"No it's just I don't think Sarah will ever like me"
"Chill, you gotta take some things lightly"
"And I don't get why you like her so much"
"You won't get it and are you trying to insult her?" I gave David an anime angry glare...which was scary enough for him to rephrase his sentence
"No I mean she is gorgeous and all but I think a nature is another thing"
"You don't know, her nature is the only thing that got me liking her at first place"
I told David everything
"So you fell for that?"
"Yeah"
Well I couldn't explain him the emotions that I was experiencing that time but I guess some things are just meant for experiencing only..
David and I talked for another hour and I came back home after some time.
I slept peacefully that night.

Is that how it is going to be? Will I always be chasing Sarah knowing that she is way out of my league and am I even keeping my expectations real? No, I wasn't keeping my expectations real but I think you always like someone that is out of your league, I mean we only want to achieve things that we can't achieve right? I mean look at someone or rather look at you, when was the last time you achieved something really good but you didn't had to move a bone in your body for that? I mean everyone achieves the things they can't achieve, I know this is the most asshole version of the quote 'Everything comes with hardwork' but that is not I am trying to say here I am saying that Sarah had to be out of my league to be liked by me, and knowing myself I only admire or like people who are greater than me in any means be it studying or ideals or kindness anything.
I agree that Sarah is not best at studying at all, but she is way better than me at understanding people, being kind to them and yeah rude to them too sometimes(not to mention she can be a pain sometimes).
"Hey Sarah" I said on call
"Hey Zachy" another voice came but it wasn't Sarah's
"Hey Nina, isn't Sarah around?"
"She will be here after a while, why don't you talk to me until then?"
"Oh okay"
"Oh am I making you wait so much?"
"Oh no Nina,"
"Chill Zachy I was just teasing you"
"Hey Nina....are you talking to Zach with my phone?" A background voice came, it was Sarah
"Okay Zach here comes your princess"
Jeez, why everyone thinks I like Sarah not that it isn't true but still I think Sarah will start to mantain distance if Sarah knows my intention, man calling my crush an intention makes me feel like a bad person.
"Sorry Zach, Nina was bored"
"It's okay she is fun to talk to"
"Oh is that it, then why don't you talk with Nina only?"
"Oh no , I mean why would I get a flower if I am getting a bouquet"
"Oh Zach you never fail to embarrass yourself and me with your sweet and cheesy flirtings"
"Hehe anyway, why'd you called"
"Oh yeah I called you to tell you that we are meeting at oakwood town today I have a friend meeting there,"
"Oh is that it?"
"Yeah, sorry I was about to tell you sooner but then my mom called and Nina kicked in"
"It's okay, Sarah chill, I understand"
I don't know what happened to her, she suddenly said
"Okay I am cutting the call now"
She said it with a harsh voice
"Wait..tt , Sar-"
Beep*
She ended the call, and that's how it was.
After that Sarah started to behave indifferently to me and just me, she was always using dry replies and keeping the conversation as short as possible between us.
I never got an explanation of what happened, and I thought that I deserve better than this so I decided to confront Sarah and ask her face to face that why is she behaving like this or what happened...
One day when David called me to hang out I told him everything he just said one thing
"Bro you gotta talk to her"
"Yeah I will when she walks home, I'll talk to her"
When Sarah was walking home I called her name in an attempt to talk to her,
"Hey Sarah hold up, I wanna talk to you about something"
"About what?"
"Can we atleast not pretend that everything is okay between us"
"Between us?"
"Yeah"
"There is nothing between us"
"Are we not friends?"
"We are"
"Sarah did I do something wrong?"
"No you did nothing"
"Sarah you don't have to hide it please tell me even if it hurts me, atleast tell me the reason why are you behaving so indifferently towards me"
"No Zach really you did nothing"
"Sarah please, did I hurt you"
"You can't hurt me, people can only hurt you if..." She stopped mid sentence but I knew what she was going to say
"If what?" I forced her a little
"If they are important to you Zach" she said turning her face opposite to mine
"Oh okay"
I just said that and left, I felt really bad about what just Sarah said.
And then I laughed at myself, what a fool I was to think that I will become important to someone, I don't know how I was feeling that night I was just accelerating stuff in my mind so I get a positive conclusion and reasoning in my mind, you know when something bad happens with you, your mind starts to think a positive version of it so it hurts less, my mind was doing the same thing just all the versions that came in my mind hurted me more and more, I was sleepless and hurt, I did not know what to do now just when I was thinking that Sarah and I can be together, this happens.
'why Sarah, what is in your mind for me'
'am I just a decoy for her?'
'does my existence affects her?'
'and should I treat her bad too?'
The thoughts in my mind had no limits,
ping*
A message poped up
It was from David
I clicked on the message, he sent a meme,
Another message poped up it was from Sarah and after reading the message I was legitimately shocked,
But know I knew what I had to do.

TO BE CONTINUED...