Leather and Bone

I sunk into the black leather cushions of the chair, a  faint smile playing across my lips.

I remember the when one of the higher up demons brought me this wonderful chair. I had to admit I was quite pleased with its stunning looks; how the solid bone bordering was carved so intricately to resemble thousands upon thousands of hell hounds running up the legs and sides of the ravenous chair, but most of all how the bone bordering met at the top of the chair to form a snarling hell hound skull, each tooth of its gaping mouth just as razor sharp and fearsome as the one neighboring to it, its eye sockets empty and black as the darkest corners of hell. 

My eyes traveled over the bare burgundy colored walls, reminding me that the only things that were in the room were my chair and myself.

The perfect thinking room, nothing to draw your eyes to, just empty space. 

 "Lucfier." Bristen and Destiel's gruff voices echoed each others from behind my chair.

What do these blubbering morons want now. I swear the hardest thing to do as the king of hell is to get some damn quiet time. 

"Yes?" I replied, my voice lowering an octave with the prickling of my rage. 

"We have a question." Destiel dumbly said, as if I didn't already know they had another question. They were angels after all, always wanting to know more, unlike the demons who just kept their mouths glued shut. 

"Well what is it?" I snapped, my patience already wearing thin, keeping my eyes glued to the red wall, as if the color red would actually sooth the anger out of me. 

"Why did you tell the angel of death that he could see his friends after he killed all of the non-fallen angels?" Bristen asked, his tone quavering with uncertainty.

"Because it's true." I deadpanned. 

"But first of all you already said you are going to kill his loved ones, and you're not planning to have him kill us are you? Because we aren't exactly fallen." Destiel questioned, the sound of his wings shuffling uncomfortably whispered along with his words.

"No of coarse I won't have him kill you." I slyly lied, a false smile dancing across my face as I turned to face the nervous angels, not surprised at how literally ruffled their feathers were. Their different colored eyes frantic like those of a deer standing in front of a mountain lion. 

"Okay good." Destiel replied, his shoulders slumping with relief as he released the breath he must have been holding,"but what about him seeing his friends?" 

My crooked grin widened, "You both know that a rule of hell is you can't lie when you make a deal," I paused watching their heads bob up and down in agreement,"Well I am not lying. I will let him see them, they just wont be alive when he does." 

**************************************************

 I watched in utter silence as the fallen angel told the others of his not so master plan, my heart twinging at the sight of so much rotten evil. Oh well thought, everything does not always turn out as it is planned. 

I wished so to just reach out, take Lucifer and wrap him up in my forgiving arms, will away all the evil that resided in his poor blackened soul. I shook my head at the thought, he was too far gone. 

With a blink of my dark brown eyes, I found myself staring at the sleeping form of a shattered angel,  his unmoving body looking so fragile and beaten down. His skin almost translucent, pulled tight to his white skull, dark  purple shadows caressed the  wan skin under his closed eyes. He had always been one of the better looking angels, but now he had been reduced to a former shadow of himself in looks and in spirit. 

I reached down, digging my hands into his dark wings, his feathers sharp and prickly against the soft skin of my hand, a light glow illuminated from my hands, spreading itself over his trimmed nightshade wings, making them whole again. I slowly drew my hands from his softened wings, overlapping them over his duly beating heart, the white light danced over his body shimmering like a ballerinas dress in the light of summer before vanishing into his skin, healing all of his treacherous wounds. 

I smiled softly, watching the flush color return to his skin.

His body would need to be whole in order for him to do what was needed.