The Black Mud Swamp Pt.2

A.N.: So now the girls are in the Black Mud Swamp. Stella's having emotional breakdowns as she has flashbacks. The boys are dysfunctional, yet functional. 

For this chapter, it's going to become a little AU from the real episode, as I want to explore more in-depth the girls and their traumas. 

Also, I've been working on the next 'one-shot' for my fanfic Winx Club One-Shots. The next chapter for Winx Watches the Future & Fate Winx Saga will be up soon as well. 

As always, plz enjoy. 

X - normal text

X - text where Bloom is not present

'X' - thoughts

'#$X#$' - Parseltongue

Chapter : The Black Mud Swamp Pt.2: 

Musa hummed as she rubbed furiously against the countertop. The beds were clean already--probably the only thing in here that didn't need to be cleaned. Everything else, including the floor, was covered in some mud and dirt. Also grime and grease. 

Quite frankly, it was disgusting. But the Fairy of Music didn't mind, it was a step or two down from her own house. 

She doubted she'd be able to clean a lot without the water tank getting fixed, and Tecna was a wizard with technology. Flora was better with nature, being a nature fairy and all. And Stella needed someone who would be more sensitive to her emotional needs right now, making Flora the best person. 

Bloom was a surprise, especially how she took charge and divided everyone based on what they needed. Musa wondered if Bloom was secretly a mind fairy and if the flames she used were just illusions. 

Bloom had mental defenses, and she was aware of them. Musa had never heard of a fire fairy with such shields before. They were so well made that with most of them raised, the music fairy had been unable to gleam a hint of the redhead's emotional state, her surface thoughts, memories, or her power. 

Her aura had only grown at the dance when Bloom had removed two of her mind shields. Musa could only imagine how powerful her friend's aura was at full strength. She'd done some light probing, wondering if the redhead could even feel her presence in her mind. 

Maybe, maybe not. Bloom hadn't confronted her or said anything, so Musa was inclined to believe the latter theory. 

Still, Musa, Tecna, and Flora agreed that there was more to Bloom than meets the eye. She just seemed to know things that she shouldn't--especially about magic & its application--not unless she had been in the Magix Dimension prior to attending Alfea. That and she was always finding trouble. 

Stella wouldn't hear a word against Bloom, and if the redhead had indeed saved Stella's life from the ogre, then it was likely that the blonde owed her a Life Debt. A rarity, especially with how selfish most magical beings were in this day and age. 

Although, the rest of them technically owed Bloom a debt when she saved them from the Trix during their initial encounter too. 

Stella was an interesting case in herself. She acted loud, annoying, and sometimes snobby. She put on this bright and happy front, as though she was viewing the world like nothing was wrong. Musa knew differently (apart from Stella admitting it herself on that hover bus). 

Stella felt anger, jealousy, hurt, pain, fear, annoyance, and so many negative emotions that it was incredible that she could even transform. Being in close proximity to Stella always ignited Musa's anger, because she could feel Stella's like she was broadcasting them loudly. Stella might seem happy & go lucky, but she was anything but that. Quite frankly, the stark contrast made Musa blanch.