Operator File

"A true hero does good even when there's no social media to cover it."

Name: Josef Haugland

Codename: Draugr 

Organizations: Norweigan Home Guard, FSK, Rainbow Six

Position: Attacker

Place of Birth: Lærdalsøyri, Vestland, Norway

Date of Birth: April 6th

Age: 34

Height: 6'4

Weight: 210 lbs

Appearance:

Weapons:

HK416

HK417

Glock 17

Glock 17

Biography:

Biography:

Josef "Draugr" Haugland always lived in his  little brother's shadow. Both born in a quiet and historic village, The two were two sides of the same coin. They both did exceedingly well in academics, sports, and being kind towards people, but their parents always favored Håvard due to his younger age. Josef always felt neglected by his parents, never getting any recognition for the things he did. It all came to a breaking point when the two boys saved a girl who fell into a well, Håvard getting all the praise and there not being one mention of Josef. He began to resent his family and as soon as he turned 19 he enlisted to get away from his ego driven brother...only for him to enlist with him. The two both joined the Norweigan Home Guard, becoming local hero's (Håvard gaining all of the fame once again) and then joining the Forsvarets Spesialkommando and took part in a prominent hostage rescue almost immediately. Håvard stayed as a combat medic role, saving fellow soldiers and civilians aswell. Josef then decided to become a infiltration/sniper specialist just to get away from his brother. After his brother left the Norweigan FSK to join Nighthaven, Josef started to become more noticied by the top brass due to his extremely effective Reconnaissance and espionage missions, earning the Nickname "Draugr" after being believed to be dead on a mission gone wrong, only to return soaked in blood, dirt, sand, and sweat. He's the most elite Infiltrator/Marksman the FSK has to offer, and he'll be an amazing help to Rainbow Six.

Pshycological Report:

Before my first session with Operator Josef "Draugr" Haugland, I almost expected him to be as brash, arrogant and self interested as his little brother. I was pleasantly surprised to see that wasn't the case at all, in fact, the only thing resembling them as siblings is their last name. Josef is extremely well mannered, patient, calculated, selfless and no nonsense. He shows the characteristics of how an elite operator such as himself should act. From an outside look at Josef you see his hardened and professional attitude, though from an inside look and a deeper look to his past, you can see all of the jealousy, self hatred, insecurity and sadness that once plagued him, now contained deep down within himself. His parents always focused on Håvard more than they did Josef, singing the younger brothers accomplishments with high praise while Josef was left out, never feeling like he was enough to his parents, his friends, his family, his townspeople. At 19 he enlisted with the Norweigan Armed forces, aiming to get away from his neglectful family and his ego-driven brother. His potential escape route being turned into a prison as his brother decided to join aswell. His brother being hailed as the "Golden boy" in their squad, while Josef was outcasted as the jealous brother. The Haugland brothers joined the Norweigan Home Guard, Håvard once again taking all the credit for the twos accomplishments. Josef tried confronting Håvard about it, only causing the entire unit to outcast him as the "jealous brother", taking Håvards side of the argument. This only caused Josef to resent his brother even more. The two eventually got selected to join the FSK, Josef deciding to be an infiltration specialist and marksman, just to get away from his brother who decided to stay as a combat medic. Josef participated in many high risk missions, infiltrating military installations and going deep behind enemy lines, taking out targets, extracting intelligence or rescuing hostages. All the things he saw hardened his exterior even more so. He was virtually impenetrable from the outside, though within himself, the insecurities still raged, festering and boiling. One day they're going to explode and I just know it. And when it does erupt, it most likely won't be good for anyone involved.

-Dr. Harshiva "Harry" Pandey, director of Rainbow