three.

•••••
Jalen Hurts.

Jalen wiped the sweat beads off his forehead, placing his hands on his hips. He had been training with a few of the wide receivers for almost two hours now to prepare for their next game which was two days out.

They would be playing the Baltimore Ravens and with Odell and Lamar now possibly becoming the dynamic duo this meant they needed to be on their A game.

Jalen wanted nothing more than to go back to the Super Bowl and actually win this time. Last year, leaving Arizona without a trophy hurt him to his core and the only thing that kept him from walking away from the field forever was Sapphire.

She had reminded him of the hard work and determination it took for him to lead his team there and how their fight was more than fair. He cried harder than he ever cried before that night and he didn't even care that his teammates witnessed it because they were all sharing the same sentiments at that moment.

He hated that feeling and he made a promise to his team that they would not feel that way again this time. This time they would be filled with happiness and the only tears that would fall down their faces would be happy tears.

He owed it to himself and to his team to take them back to that moment so that they could rewrite history.

"Is Sapp cooking dinner tonight?" Devonta asked, trying to catch his breath from the long-running he had been doing. "Tell her I want fried chicken —"

"Nigga, you don't live there." Jalen laughed, pushing him away. "How are you gon' try to request a meal somewhere you don't even stay?"

"Man, 'cause Sapp loves me. So what's for dinner?" Devonta asked again. "Aye! Can somebody bring me my phone real quick?"

"Fried chicken, red beans and rice, and cornbread," Jalen answered.

"Oh yeah, I'm finna send her that text to let her know I will be there." Devonta danced, grabbing his phone. "Wooo, baby I'm eating real good tonight."

Jalen furrowed his eyebrows, attempting to snatch Devonta's phone out of his hand. "Hell no! Eat at your own house."

"I don't got nobody to cook for me, so I'd rather not go there," Devonta said, putting the phone to his ear. "Sapp, I'm coming over for dinner,"

"No, you're not!" Jalen semi-yelled, attempting to grab the phone out of his hands again. "Baby, hang up on him!"

"Thank you so much, I look forward to eating y'all out of house and home," Devonta grinned hanging up the phone. "Man, I know Sapp put her foot in 'dat food!"

"I really wish she didn't answer the phone," Jalen put his hands on his hips, shaking his head. "Damn. I gotta practice wit' you and eat dinner in my house wit' you? Why did I become your friend?"

"Hey! Jalen," Jason called out, walking over to them. "What's up, guys!"

Devonta shook his head, looking at him. "Here he go wit' this white ass, happy ass greeting. Man, put some stank on it."

Jason laughed, looking at Jalen. "Me and Kylie need a favor."

"Oh god, run Jalen! They might be tryna' sacrifice yo' ass." Devonta joked, causing Jalen to laugh and push him away.

"Well, really a favor from Sapphire more than anything," Jason said. "We wanna go out tomorrow and we were wondering if you guys would be willing to keep the kids for us."

"Oh, yeah. You definitely need to talk to Sapphire, use Devonta's phone since he got her on speed dial." Jalen pointed out.

"I sure do, here you go Jason. She's actually right by the phone, we just finished talking." Devonta smiled, handing Jason his phone.