15. Role Model

Soooooo, I'll tell y'all right now that this chapter won't actually explain the events of the previous chapter just yet. We would probably get to that in either the next chapter or the one after that. This book is becoming slightly chaotic. Sorry not sorry lol.

Robyn's P.O.V.

Let's backtrack a little bit... Rewind a few days before the event of Marshall waking up handcuffed to his own bed at his house. Being left at MY mercy this time around...

My days are filled with drugs and Shady once again.

And my mind is warped.

Laying in bed next to him after we have just finished fucking, I absent-mindedly drag my fingertips all up and down his broad chest and his biceps while Shady just stares at the ceiling. He looks bored.

But also content in a weird way.

He drags his fingers through my long wavy hair, tangling the hell out of it. He's been a lot more affectionate with me lately.

More aggressive and possessive too. We fuck like five, six times a day, and I have no idea where he even finds the stamina for that.

And every night, he's gone, indulging in his other very obvious vice.

A vice I have been shutting my eyes too. Like damn, I must be a horrible person. I know what he still does, hear about his latest victims on the news on TV all the time. And yet, I don't know if it's the drugs he and I both constantly take, but I've become completely indifferent to that. As long as Shady doesn't harm anybody I personally care about, it doesn't bother me at all what he does.

Plus, he's been a lot nicer to me lately.

A word sometimes pops up in my head. Something I used to read about in my psychology textbooks. I've barely ever paid attention, of course, though I should have.

Stockholm Syndrome.

Or in my case, The Slim Shady Syndrome.

One shouldn't diagnose oneself, but I think I've narrowed it down pretty well. I managed to fall hard for my boyfriend's alter ego who happens to be a serial killer and who used to also do all kinds of shit to me against my will, pretty much holding me hostage. But he is occasionally nice to me now, and I've grown addicted to that side of him.

I do wish I had more freedom though.

Like, he let me have my cell phone back recently and I have been talking to my friend Kiara all the time, which is fun, cause I did miss my sis a lot. But she keeps asking me to come hang out with her sometimes, and I'm tired of giving her excuses.

Can't exactly tell her that my boyfriend won't let me leave the house.

"Shady, I wanna have a girl's night out with Kiara," I suddenly announce, resting my palm on his chest and propping my chin on top of it.

Watching him frown.

"Fuck you wanna do that for?!" He grumbles, and I can tell that he is genuinely confused by that. Like gee, why would she wanna leave the house and hang out with her friends? I swear, Shady is emotionally stunted and socially retarded, but he still has a certain charm to him.