Pete 'Maverick' Mitchell

Requested by GrayWasLost
Summary: After meeting charlotte, Petes interest begins to sway leaving reader in a heap of confused feelings and wondering if its time to leave Pete once and for all.

F/S/A = Lil bit of angst and Fluff.
_______

Looking at the clock, I knew my attempts were futile. He wouldnt be coming back home. Recently it had been like this though. Me stupidly waiting up for him for when he finally decided to come home only to be left disappointed. Turning off whatever useless channel I had rambling to keep myself awake, I walked out of the living room to go to my own to sleep.

Just as I left the room and entered the hallway, a knock came from my front door. Walking over to it, I opened it to be met with the smiling face of Pete only he wasnt looking at me, his gaze instead directed to the girl he had been spending his nights with recently. Walking away from the scene I went up the stairs and to my room. The place was messy on one side, clean the other. A clear representation of both me and Petes differences.

An awkward cough came from the door as I pulled the duvet over my head. "I know i told you id be home early, but Charlotte wanted to show me something" not saying anything I ignored him to the best of my ability despite knowing the second he got into the bed and put his arms around me that I would forgive every thing he had done. "Are we good or are you not talking to me?" His voice was the only audible thing throughout the room at this point.

"Go away. Please." My voice cracked as I talked, the whole thing finally crashing in on me. The only thing I could think of was finally ending things so he would be happier. The bed slightly moved as he sat down, there was a breif silence. Neither of us talking probably because we didnt know what to say.

"We should break up Pete" my voice just barely above a whisper as I said what I did. There was no answer, another silence warping its way around the room. The bed dipped as he got in under the covers. His arms going right around my waist, pulling me toward him and pressing me up against his chest. His head resting on my shoulder as his fingers slotted themselves with mine.

"Is that what you really want?" At this point what I wanted had begun to confuse me. Truly I knew breaking up with him would break me but would staying with him be worth the hardship of knowing hes with another girl everytime he stays out late. I didnt know how to answer his question, not knowing if I could. "I dont know, but it doesnt feel like a relationship anymore. And I cant compete with someone else because youve grown bored" the tone of my voice was laced with the anger I had been keeping insidd this whole time.

"Whats so good about her anyway? I dont see anything so great, other than her hair." Petes chest heaved as he chuckled at my jealousy. "Aw, my pretty girls just jealous. You have nothing to worry about. Only girl I want is you. Trust me" turning around I glared at the male behind me before hitting him lighting with my fists. "Jealous? Me. Please your the jealous one. I cant even talk to Iceman without you grumbling bout"

It was my turn to laugh as a sour look took over his face. The atmosphere in the room getting better as we did. "Thats different, Iceman purposely flirts with you." Rolling my eyes at that sentance I choose to ignore it as i pulled him in for a hug. "Now you sound like the jealous one" letting out a small yelp after he pinched me I hit him once again.

His arms squeezed around me, keeping me tightly against him as we finally drifted to sleep.

If there was one thing I was going to do. It was that i would marry this man in an instant.

_______
I have 0 idea how to feel bout this, does it suck? Maybe. is it ok? Also a maybe but I hope this was ok enough for the request

Thank you and Goodbye :).