Part 3

Destiny's P.O.V

I walk onto the bus and people immediately start calling me mean names and make fun of me. I honestly don't know why people are so mean to me. I never have done anything to any of them. I've been a quiet person my whole life! 6th grade is where all the bullying started happening. I really thought they would stop bullying me by at least 8th grade... Still to this day, sophomore year, they bully me for no reason at all...
I sat in the front of the bus where I could be the first person to get off. After what seemed like forever, the bus finally arrived at school. As soon as the bus stopped and the doors opened, I was the first person to get off. I ran to my locker and on my way there, I bumped into Shawn Mendes. My books went flying all over the floor. We never really talked even though I've known him since 5th grade. He's one of the popular boys, captain of the football team. Unlike everyone in our school, he doesn't bully me. I've had a crush on him since the day I first saw him but he has a girlfriend, Jessica. Let me tell you something about Jessica. She's a total bitch!! Yeah, everyone bullies me but not as bad as her.... But even if him and Jessica weren't dating, he would never like a girl like me...

Shawn's P.O.V

On my way to the bathroom I bumped into Destiny Hernandez. Suddenly her books went flying all over the floor. I never really talked to her. She was just one of those people you went to school with since you were little kids but never actually had a conversation with them. I see her getting bullied a lot for no reason. I mean yeah I feel bad but what am I supposed to do to stop them? Ya know, you can be a real jerk sometimes Shawn, I thought to myself.

I'm so sorry, I said to Destiny.

¨It's ok...¨, she said in such a quiet voice, I almost couldn't hear her.

Lemme help you with that, I said starting to pick up her stuff.

All of a sudden I see Jessica, my girlfriend, walking down the hall with her friend Maddie.

¨Just what do you think you're doing?" Jessica snapped.

Umm, i'm just helping Destiny pick up her books.

¨Don't get too close or you might catch her weirdo disease.¨, Jessica said in a snobby voice.

Cut it out. She never did anything to you, I said to her.

Jessica glared at me and finally said ¨Whatever. I have to go.¨

I try to give her a kiss but she just flipped her hair and walked away.

¨Thanks for defending me...¨, Destiny said.

Oh, no problem. Jessica was probably just in a bad mood.

I heard Destiny mumble something but couldn't quite hear what she said. I finished picking up her books and gave them to her. She started to walk off but I caught her before she could leave.

Hey, umm if you aren't doing anything Saturday, maybe you could come to a party with me, Jessica, and some of my buddies from the football team. Everyone from school is gonna be there, I told her.

¨Umm maybe. I'll think about it.¨, said Destiny.

Well here's my number if you end up wanting to go, I hand her my number.

¨Ok well I'll see you in 2nd period...¨, she said.

Ok i'll talk to you later, I say to her.

She walks away fastly and goes to her first period class.