17 - Boba tea and the next generation of hashira

"Y/N WAKE UP! PLEASE!" I couldn't hear it all that well. I felt a burning on my arm and I woke up with a start. I was on top of a pile of rubble and my head was laying in Tanjiro's lap. I looked to my bicep and saw that my sleeve had burned off but so had the poison. Nezuko looked down at me.

"Did you heal me Nezuko?" She nodded proudly and I gave her a smile while patting her head softly. "Thank you."

"Y/n!" Tanjiro pulled me up and hugged me tightly. 

"Hey, I'm okay Tanjiro."

Nezuko ran off somewhere and I tried to get up. I had forgotten that my leg was pretty much a broken twig and began to fall. I felt myself be caught and Tanjiro put my arm around his shoulder while having his arm around my waist to help me walk. 

We walked over to where Dad was and Nezuko was burning him in pink flames. The poison melted off him and I pushed Tanjiro away to run over to him. By the time my leg gave in I fell on top of Dad, hugging him.

"You're okay, Y/n."

"You are too."

My moms hugged us as well and Momma was checking me for major injuries the proceeded to panic because I A, had a broken leg, B, had an impaled bicep and C, had a dislocated and bleeding shoulder.

"OH MY DARLING YOU'RE REALLY HURT!" She hugged me tightly.

"I'm fine Momma, just a few minor injuries."

"MINOR!?" Mom yelled. "YOU'RE LUCK YOU AREN'T DEAD YOUNG LADY!" She calmed down for a moment."And so are we."

"Alright I'm here. Where's the demon?" I turned around to see the serpent hashira, Obanai walking up to us like the battle hadn't begun yet.

"Heh, we killed it."

"Oh damn I'm late again aren't I?"

"YEAH AND BECAUSE YOU WERE LATE I LOST A HAND AND AN EYE!"

"WELL I'M SORRY I COULDN'T LEND YOU A HAND I WAS BUSY!"

"DOING WHAT!?"

"Ok so Mitsuri wanted boba tea right-"

"You were late, because you got Mitsuri boba tea!?"

"OK OK BUT the place she likes is in a different town, so I had to go there and on the way back Kubarumaru needed to use the bathroom-"

"YOU'RE LATE BECAUSE YOUR SNAKE NEEDED TO USE THE BATHROOM!?"

"SO I HAD TO TAKE HIM TO A BATHROOM AND THEN BACK TO HEADQUARTERS WHERE I COULD FINALLY LEAVE TO COME HERE DAMMIT!"

"OK WELL THANKS TO YOU BEING LATE I AM NOW PARTIALLY BLIND AND AMPUTATED SO THANKS A LOT FOR THAT MAN!"

"OH YEAH WELL SO AM I! MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO AND SHOW GYOMEI! OH WAIT! YOU CAN'T! WHY!? BECAUSE HE'S FULLY FUCKING BLIND! Anyway nice work for defeating the upper 6."

"Uhh thanks?"

"So uhh how you gonna fight now?"

"I'm retiring, I can't fight like this anymore."

"NAH YOU CAN'T DO THAT!"

"TRY ME BITCH!"

"WE STILL HAVEN'T FOUND RENGOKU'S REPLACEMENT AND KNOW WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO FIND ONE FOR YOU TOO!"

"I know the perfect candidates for both mine and Rengoku's spots. " Dad looked at me and nodded. 

"You're kidding?"

"You and Tanjiro are gonna make great hashira."

"WAIT THAT KID SURVIVED!?" Obonai yelled in surprise.

"Not only that, these two sliced the demon's head off and put up a damn good fight."

I ran and found Tanjiro and the others.

"WE DID IT!"

I hugged them and started crying tears of joy that this was over. 

WAIT SHIT I'M GONNA BE A HASHIRA!