46 | Live

*NOTE: THIS ISN'T THE LAST CHAPTER; you'll know that it's over when it says "the end" :)

It's been a few years since the battle.

There was this weird part of me that didn't believe that it happened. Still, I stared at my reflection, at the scars, and knew that it had happened, that the last few years weren't a dream.

I tied up my hair and went down the stairs of the castle, making my way towards the meeting room to meet with Historia.

I opened the mahogany doors and she was seated at the end of the long spruce table, a space to her right reserved for me, then the sides of the table surrounded by other members of her staff.

She smiled in my direction and I bowed my head before taking my seat beside her.

"Now that all members are here, I'd like to address the fact that the warriors of Paradis are returning tomorrow from Marley. Because of the controversy surrounding this subject, measures must be taken to assure their safety, as well as the safety of surrounding citizens."

Historia's eyes landed on me.

"Y/N has connections with elite fighters, and we have the Royal guard. Should there be any fighters that they cannot take on, I have full trust in the warriors to fight them off themselves."

I hid a chuckle as I brought my tea cup to my lips. Those kids haven't fought in ages, half of them unable to without their titan powers.

Even then, how could my men, let alone me, let someone through?

I scribbled down a few posts on the small map of the dock in front of me.

Between my sight, Ian's hearing, Cinder's touch sensitivity, Alexander's smell, and Eddie's... ability to be utterly horrifying, I'd like to believe that we'd be able to handle it. Blind spots can't be a thing with all of that.

"With all due respect, Y/N, I'm still hesitant about these friends of yours," someone beside me said. "I trust you entirely. You have been a loyal warrior of Paradis for nearly your whole life. But your friends... they are... ex-assassins. Only four years ago, they were excused by the court because of your word."

I nodded slow. "Well, even if they do end up going back to their old ways, my partner and I should be able to easily deal with them."

Historia let out a quiet laugh before continuing the professionalism. "There we go."

•••

"Oh, Historia."

She stopped stacking her papers and looked up at me, the only person left in the meeting room. "Do you need something?"

I nodded. "It's for Levi."

Her eyes lit up a bit. "You never make requests! What is it you need?"

"Well, he told me about something a few years ago. Something he really wanted. Because the organization I was once a part of has been diminished, there's a few buildings left uninhabited, and I was wondering if I could have one of the buildings for this reason."

Historia's smile softened and she sat back down. The kindness in her eyes never disappeared, despite the pain she had gone through.

I remember the way the light returned to her eyes when I told her that Ymir had helped in the final battle.

That light never faded.

She took my hands in hers like a teenage girl might with her best friend when sharing stories. "What would you like it to be?"