Donnie x Reader - Darkest Before Dawn

Your head felt like it was gonna explode.

Okay, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration. But you were always dramatic when it came to homework. Your mom always told you to suck it up and that it wasn't that bad. But obviously the years between her time in school and now had blurred her memory. Because school was fucking torture.

And then adding on the fact that they were aloud to send it home with you.... that's just cruel.

A very dramatic sigh slipped from your lips as your head fell on your desk, your face turning to look at the glowing letters on your alarm clock.

2:42 am.

Your eyes widened slightly, having not realized that it was so late. Or early.... You must have been really focused to not notice.

"Screw this." You said as you stood up groggily, abandoning the mental torture as you trudged over to your extra comfy looking bed, falling onto it face first and feeling your heavy eyelids already begin to close, and the world starting to darken.

.....

.....

*tap*

.....

.....

*tap tap*

.....

.....

*tap tap tap*

Your eyes reluctantly open, taking a moment to adjust to the darkness before they narrowed at your window where the persistant sound was coming from, hoping to somehow make the sound stop with your glare.

It didn't stop though, and your aggravation grew as you looked over at your alarm clocked that now read, '4:27 am'.

Who or what the hell was at your window at almost five in the morning? Obviously somebody was just asking for an ass kickin'.

You ground your teeth as a couple more small taps sounded out, finally getting up out of your bed to see what it was.

Aggressively throwing off your covers, your feet hit the cold floor, then carried you towards the noise, you grabbing your baseball bat along the way.

You took your steps slow and quiet as you moved towards your covered window, the tapping sound having stopped for the moment, and reaching a hand out ahead of you to pull back the curtains.

You paused just as your fingers wrapped around the silky fabric, taking in a breath before quickly tugging the curtain out of the way to expose your window, your bat tightly gripped in your other hand.

As soon as your eyes landed on what lied behind the glass, the irritation drained from your being, and it was replaced with a sudden urgency to open the window.

You dropped the bat and quickly unlocked the window and flung it open, the image you had seen through it now even clearer, and making worry build up inside.

"Donnie? What's wrong?"

The purple clad turtle looked down as you spoke, as if ashamed to answer your question. But even as he averted his eyes, you could still pick up on his troubled expression.

"I-I'm sorry. I know it's late and you were probably asleep, but I- I didn't know where else to go." His voice cracked a couple of times as his words spilled out, sounding as if he'd been crying recently.

You only shook your head at him, though he didn't see it since he still hadn't looked at you, so you said softly, "It's fine. I wasn't asleep."

Lie.