Chapter 13

We had just arrived at my house. Sam immediately jumped on my bed and fell asleep. Pete was already asleep in his room when we came.

Wanda was leaning against the counter when I entered the kitchen.

"You know, I for sure though that you'd yell at me after what I did" I said, reaching to grab the cereal box.

"Well it was incredibly stupid to go in someone's home and hit them, but you had a good reason" she smiles.

"Thanks" I smile back, grabbing the cereal and pouring them in my mouth.

After a minute of silence she talks again.

"It was nice, what you did for him. Brave"

I stare carefully at her, taking in every little detail about her face as she adds

"You two have something, like some kind of love that we as friends didn't have"

"Yeah, I guess. I mean I was probably too busy trying to kiss you so.. " I laugh looking at her as her face formed a smile.

"I always wanted to ask you about that." She tilts her head a bit to her right as her brows half furrow.

"Okay. Shoot" I put the cereal down.

She thinks a bit like trying to find a question and then asks "when did you fall for me?"

I know I told her to ask me questions but I didn't really think it through. About a thousand different moments come to mind right now but only one of them is the truth.

"The day of the picnic with your family." I state remembering every moment from that day.

"Why?" She asks genuinely confused.

"Why not? Your parents had called me and Pete for their picnic day. It was taken out of a movie. The red squared blanket, the food cut into perfect little pieces, the loving mom, the fun dad, the overprotective brother. Pete was looking mesmerized. You stayed beside me all the time, protecting me from your father's silly jokes and Pietro's death glances. " I laugh at myself realising that I remember every detail about that day.

"Pete had gone off with your mom talking about school, your dad had gone back with Pietro to pick up a few things. I remember you taking my hand and pulling me away from everyone, you just started running till we stopped in front of a ice cream shop. We got the ice creams and sat down on one of the benches. You had broken down laughing at this guy failing so bad to pick up a girl. The sun was shining on your face, your mouth creating this beautiful smile showing dimples at either side of it. You put your head on my shoulder and it felt like my stomach was filled with bees trying so hard to get out that my stomach was going to explode. I couldn't stop staring at you that whole day. I was so afraid that Pietro was going to attack me at any moment"

I smiled seeing Wanda laugh as she remembered that day herself.

"Do you still like me?" She pops another question.

"No, not like that." I said sincerely glancing at her eyes.

"Do you like anyone like that?"

"Why wanna know the competition?" I joke

"Can only know them if you tell me. " she responds

"No, not since you"

"Why not?" She questions.

"No one right" I answer.

"Not even Valerie?" She questioned again.

"I don't know" I shrugged