Trap

!!!!Dante's POV!!!!

"Since I came to the South, my life is much better." He says, tying a piece of paper to a turtle's back. "Maybe you should move here, too."

I don't really trust Chaos, but he can be an important pawn in my game. If I want to get rid of Jacks, I have to know his weaknesses, and who is better at telling me all of them than his ex best friend?

"I don't know. If I run away, I put every artist of mine in danger. And especially Aric. Jacks knows our bonds." I sigh, taking a sip of my lemonade. "I don't think it'd be a good idea."

He lets the turtle down. Here, in the South, he looks like a wolf between sheep. He has olive skin, specifically Northern, and his eyes are a strange shade of green, almost like beer bottles. The majority of the Southern people have blue or brown eyes.

"I think you're right. You can't take them all with you, or you will draw too much attention. Personally, I wouldn't have the guts to leave anyone behind."

I cross my legs and fingers, hoping he will give me the answer I want. I try to repeat the question I formulated on my way here. Chaos has a nice, small house with a yard full of tulips. I would've planted roses everywhere, but it's not mine. In the middle of the yard, there's a pink and yellow marble platform we're now sitting on. His porcelain cups are so clean that I envy them. I wipe some drops of water from the outside of my glass.

"I didn't come here for life advice, though. I wanted to ask you... would you like to help me fight Jacks?"

He laughs, and then his face switches from entertained to serious. He puts his elbows on the green and blue glass table, looking me dead in my eyes.

"Sorry, but I can't." He frowns, taking my hand in his. "I gave up on that a long time ago."

I knew it. He's too soft to do it. He lets his hands down.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I jump from the table as fast as I can. He smirks, his face starting to morph.

"Caspar..."

"I was starting to wonder if you're dumb or you're pretending." He says, cracking his neck. "Guess you're just slow."

He kicks the table down and steps on the little turtle, squashing it. I back away. I turn to run, but he's there, too.

"My little Dante." He purrs, rolling up his sleeves. "Guess you fell right into my trap. Oh, I love this!" He comes closer and pushes me. I hit my head on the ground, and everything started moving around me. "Beg for forgiveness."

"I didn't do anything to you." I squeak when he steps on my hand. "I can't apologize for something I didn't do."

"I know." He says, stuffing a piece of clothing into my mouth. "I just wanted to be dramatic."

____________

*Casper's POV*

I wonder where Dante went. He told us he would be visiting an old friend. I can't wait for him to return because he left Aric in charge, and I'm dead bored.

The drawing finally starts looking good. I have to admit: I have never seen a view so beautiful like the one we have in the South. From my window, I can see a nearby forest. The forest is unusually magical, like it comes from another world. It's mostly made out of fully bloomed Sakura trees, and some petals are getting in my orange juice. I'm proud of it. It's my best drawing so far. The inn we're now staying in is a one-story building.

I raise my eyes, but something is getting in my view. It doesn't matter. I don't care about the trees anymore.

He is sitting on the window sill. He is so beautiful that I don't think he's human. I have to admit, he's way better looking than every guy I have ever seen. I spit my drink, shocked.

"Did I scare you? I'm sorry!" He says, sarcastic, passing his hand through his blonde hair.

"Can you please move a little bit to the right, so I can see the forest and not you? And then politely leave?"

He laughs. He is the kind of beauty to cut your head off while you admire him. He has, like Aric, but more defined, a fuller bottom lip, and it suits him better. He tosses his purple apple, jumping over in my room.

"What are you drawing?" He asks, moving my hand. No... I could've sworn, I was drawing the forest... "Is that your boyfriend?"

"He's my best friend."

He picks up the drawing and analyzes it. I think he likes it because he smiles. He leaves his apple core on the table. He puts his hands on the window sill, jumping over it again.

"I'm the owner of the inn, by the way!" He yells and leaves. I get back at my drawing, but instead of Aric, there's something written on it. I drop it in shock.

Pray for Dante.