CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Amour

I glanced at the sky. The clouds were spread in various shapes. A heart shaped cloud caught my eye. My subconscious laughed on the irony. I just told Amarion about my love story briefly. I could see the pity in his eyes and now the sky itself is taunting. Amarion remained silent. I hoped that his thoughts aren't negative regarding my past. I couldn't believe I told him. Although I dropped out the deatils because I don't want to appear desperate. I can mend myself. Time heals everything.

Amarion's singing voice echoed in my ears. His serene belief towards love was evident in his tone. He sang with immense emotions. He seemed so eager to indulge in adoration. If only I could explain him how difficult and painful it is. Or maybe I'm exaggerating. Not everyone faces a fork in their path of romance. I hope Amarion will find someone eligible for him. He is adorable from every aspect. I'm glad I discovered him as my friend. I really needed a guy friend. Obviously, because I'm very boyish myself.

" "What about your friends? Did they support you?" He asked breaking the silence. His question matched my thoughts.

"Oh yes! Always. I've the like most amazing friends. Hannah, Michelle, Mona, Nova and many more. Now you're in this awesome list too" I answered enthusiastically.

My answer lifted the tension. His expression became delightful.

"Me? Awesome?" He asked with his eyebrow raised.

"Come on! Look at you! You sing with perfection and you play so smoothly. And your personality is admirable" I babbled. His cheeks reddened as he heard my compliment.

He thought that I hadn't noticed his cerise face. Honestly, the blush made him cuter. He confessed that I'm the first one to listen him sing which also makes me the first one to appreciate it.

Amarion parted his lips to say something but then someone knocked the door. I assume he was going to thank me.

"Must be Jade" he grumbled.

I nodded in agreement. Who else could it be? His mother? I choked when the probability crossed my mind. I was taken aback when Amarion held my hand as he reasoned to get inside. I mildly increased my grip on his hand when I heard the pounding. It must be Jade.

He Brough me inside and locked the balcony door. He slid the curtains just like they were when I came. I felt a little special to be knowing his confidential side. Why did he share it with me? "Because you showed curiosity" my subconscious answered mockingly.

I looked over at the game console and decided to take a seat there. As Jade is quite suspecting and she might shower us with questions. Probably, Amarion hasn't acknowledged Jade about his singing and playing talent. I grabbed the remote and began the racing game.

"Smart" Amarion remarked. I saw his smirk from the corner of my eyes. I smugged back and trailed on with the game as if I had been playing it from long. Amarion stared at me for a while. I couldn't figure what was going on his mind. I hope nothing devious for Jade.

He answered the door as Jade banged it recklessly. "What?" Amarion asked rudely.

"Relax will you?" Jade snorted and I could sense the look on her face by the tone of her voice.

It baffles me how Jade can be annoyed with someone as sweet as Amarion. But then she is an irritating person.

"Weren't you here to meet me?" Jade scorned at me. I totally expected her behaviour.

"Was I?" I kept a hand on my chest and responded dramatically. Jade pursed her lips. And Amarion guffawed. A smile played on my lips as I heard the sound of his laughter. Reminding me of the time when he used to laugh during our phone calls.

"Very funny" Jade retorted.

"Want to play?" I asked Jade to shift my mood. "I'm not a guy" Jade lamely reasoned. I almost scoffed. "I happen to not be one as well" I said while observing my body. Emphasising my gaze on my chest. Amarion watched the both of us. Humour gleamed in his eyes,

"Who knows? You might be tran.." Jade growled but discontinued as Amarion hit her with a pillow. I guffawed. Jade angrily took the cushion close to her and threw it at Amarion. I tossed the big pillow on the couch and aimed at Jade's back. "Bull's eye" Amarion yelled. "Nah Amarion! Bull's ass" I mouthed and giggled. Amarion bit his lower lip while chortling. We kept on fighting. Jade beat me with a huge cushion causing me to fall to the ground. I squealed and chuckled consistently. I could hear Jade cursing. It caused me to titter more.

My eyes remained closed and my chuckle was constant until I felt a touch on my waist. I opened my eyes and saw the hazel lenses with their pupils eminently dilated. My laughter ceased. My expression turned somber. His chest rose and lowered rapidly. But my breathing turned gradual. My blood became lukewarm. This was the second time I had come so close to him. But this closure reminded me of him. My eyes sought his. A dour sentiment invaded my vast vitality. I stared at Amarion unsmiling. He moved his fingers to trap the loose strand of my hair between them. He brushed them gently while placing it behind my ear. His touch felt nothing. My sensations were numb. He continued gazing into my eyes but a part of me willed to look away because those weren't the pair of orbs I invariably seek. I persuaded myself to get back on my feet. He kept on gazing at me. But worry flashed his eyes. My sudden severity must've bothered him. I propelled a cushion at him and smiled. His face grew mitigated.

I looked away to see where Jade was.

"Enough for today" Amarion upheld as he got up. "Look who is saying that" Jade snorted. I felt offended. How can she be playful then back to despicable in just a moment?

"He started and he deserves to conclude" I defended Amarion and Jade rolled her eyes habitually.

"I almost forgot" Jade exclaimed. Shifting her behaviour again.

"What?" Amarion asked with bafflement.

"This is the frame that you ordered. Mom asked me to give you yesterday" she spoke to Amarion. I just listened as it was between them siblings.

"And why did you procrastinate?" Amarion interrogated proving he mistrusted her.

"Because I was busy during the day and you were dead asleep at night" Jade excused just as expected.

"Give it" Amarion commanded.

"You can say thanks" she snorted and crossed her arms on her chest.

"After I find it in a good state then I'll" Amarion replied sternly.

I looked between the two of them with no curiosity.

He tore the wrapping paper and opened the box inside. I could see the black rear of the frame. He examined it carefully. The thing seemed quite important to him. Maybe it has a picture of someone close to him. He smiled and gazed at the wall. "Thanks" he murmured and moved towards the wall. Jade smirked and departed from the room. No comments?

"Come to my room when you're fed up Ame" Jade yelled on her way. I grinned as she fulfilled my expectations. I looked at Amarion and sniggered. He smiled back and placed the frame on the wall. I walked to Amarion to take a look at what picture was framed.

My eyes widened and surprise covered me extensively.

It wasn't a picture but a qoute.

"Very dark. Lovely spark" I read in shock.