Chapter 25

~midnight~

Confederate pov. 

"Uncle Dixie, Austin's throwing up." Alaska told me, shakin' me.

"I'll go get his medicine, stay with 'em. I'll be right back." I told her, she nodded and went back to Lone Star's side, once she got there, I could hear the kids heavin'. It's gonna be a long week for 'em.  I walked to the kitchen and grabbed the cold medicine, and came back to Ala's room. Once I got there, I saw Union standin' next to the kids bed. "Howdy North, what brings you here?" I asked my brother.

"I came to check on the kids, I heard Lone Star throwing up." Union replied.

"Alright, anyway here's the medicine for Tex." I told him, handin' him the medicine.

"Thanks Dixie." Union replied thankfully, taking the medicine from my hand.

"It's no problem North, I know you're worried 'bout 'em, but you just gotta let this one play out." I told him gently, and he nodded understandingly. Once North finished administerin' the medicine to Lone Star I corralled 'em outta the room.

"Are sure you're going to be alright Dix?" Ame asked.

"We'll be fine North, now go back to bed for the night." I told him, checkin' the kids makin' sure they're asleep. When North finally relented and went back to his room, I walked back into Alaska's and laid down on Flower's bed. After a few minutes of tossin' 'n' turnin' I fell asleep.

~dream~

I was walking around the Confederate army camp 'gainst my will, and saw where they were holdin' Lone Star. I walked over, and saw his shakin' form huddlin' in the corner farthest from the tent openin'.

"Good mornin' Texas, are you finally ready to tell me where Union hid your siblin's? If you don't tell me where they are it's only gonna be worse for you." Hazed me told him, 'No! Don't tell him Lone Star!' I screamed.

"I'm tellin' you the truth! I don't know where they are!" Lone Star yelled in response, the kid still shakin'.

"You're gonna regret that Texas, tell me where they are!" Hazed me yelled in retaliation.

"I don't know where they are, Uncle Dixie, please come back, I need you." Lone Star spoke quietly, gaze never leavin' the floor next to 'em. 'I'm sorry Lone Star, I'm right here, I'm so fuckin' sorry. I should've been stronger for you, I could have prevented this, just hang in there a bit longer.' I whimpered, wishin' that I could reach out to 'em 'n' hug 'em, and try to keep 'em safe from the crazy bastard in control.

"-cle!" I heard someone say.

"-Ixie, wake up!" A different voice said, I tried wakin' up, but I couldn't feel anythin'.

"Dixie wake the hell up!" The voice spoke again, I felt a stingin' pain in my check.

~Reality/Moring~

I woke up with my check burnin'.

"Oh thank God you're awake." North told me.

"It was that damned flashback again. I couldn't stop it, I should've had more control." I whispered, scoldin' myself for bein' weak.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up about it, there's a lot of thing we wish we'd done differently, but the past is past, and Lone Star forgave you long ago." Union chided me, I nodded and got up.

"Thanks North." I told my brother, pullin' 'em into a hug.

"You're welcome South." He replied, returnin' the hug. "You know Lone Star heard you sleep talk right?" North said, releasin' the hug.

"He did?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah, Lone Star woke Alaska up, and then they both walked into my room and woke me saying that you were having a flashback." Ame replied softly. I chuckled a bit.

"That sounds like something Lone Star would do. How's he doing by the way?" I asked.

"He's doing better, he can walk on his own again with some support, but he still prefers Alaska carrying him around, the separation anxieties gotten better as well, so he's on his way to being healthy again. A few more days and he's back to normal." Union answered with pride.

"That's good news!" I exclaimed.

"Dad, Uncle Dixie! Breakfast!" Minne called out to us.

"On our way!" North yelled back. We walked to the dinnin' hall and Lone Star got up with Ala right behind him for support. Once they got to me, Lone Star made grabby hands at me. I picked him up and continued walkin' to breakfast.

"Estrellas, ONU llamó a una reunión, es obligatorio, todos se van, tenemos que irnos después del desayuno." Mexi told Union. (Stars, UN called for a meeting, it's mandatory, everyone's going, we have to leave after breakfast.)

"That's fun. Did he say what it was for?" Ame asked.

"No just that we had a meeting." Nada replied.

"Alright, finish breakfast then go get ready quickly." Ame told the table. We finished eating quickly and the kids and I made our way to the livin' room and set up for a slow day. NATO and NASA went with them this time.

NASA pov.

"Sis, why was I called in?" I asked NATO.

"I don't know NASA, but just be careful around calling Ame, Dad while your here." She told me.

"Then what am I supposed to call him?" I asked her skeptically.

"His name NASA, just call him Ame, that's what I do." She responded.

"She's right you NASA, no one aside from the ten countries we're housing, and your Aunt and Uncle know about you guys. So using my name in public isn't a long shot, it'll feel weird but I'll be fine." Dad told me looking through the rear view. The rest of the dive was in silence. Once we pulled up to the building and got out of the car, NATO started to drag me away from dad.

"NATO let me go I can walk." I told my sister, trying to release her iron grip.

"NASA shut up unless you want to get spotted, I dragged you away because I saw ASEAN walking towards Ame." She told me.

"Oh." I replied and stopped struggling.

"Come let's go inside NASA." NATO told me, I followed her in and saw a lot of counties and the other organizations.