I Am Where?!

"English"

"Japanese"

'thoughts in Japanese'

'thoughts in English' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were panting as you were running away. Running away from what, you ask? Your "family" as the hunted you down. You see earlier that evening you were being punished for trying to "poison" them and they also found out about your midnight anime watching. When in reality they just wanted a reason to beat you and as you were getting beaten you retaliated and punched your "father" and "brothers" before running out of the house. And now they are trying to find you to bring you back for more punishment.

You kept on running until you saw the city lights where you stopped and tried to regain your breath. "HEY YOU LITTLE SHIT COME BACK HERE!" You heard your "auntie" call you. This alerted you on running again into the road, what you didn't know was that the light was red. 

*SCRRRRRRREEEEEECCCCCCHHHHHH!!!!!*

*CRASH!*     

A truck slammed into you yells of worry was all you heard as your body screamed in pain as you laid motionless. As you stared up at the dark night sky as people surrounded you, screaming for an ambulance. 'Is this the end? Maybe in my next life I'll be able to be happy.'  You thought as your eyes started to closed as blue and red lights appeared in your last moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "Wake up child. You have much to live for." 

You opened your eyes and your eyes widen. In front of you was the Previous Lord from Noblesse. "H-how are you're you here? How am I here, I though I died." You stammered. "I'm afraid I don't know myself but I believe you brought me here." He replied with a smile on his face. "B-but I couldn't have done anything I don't have p-powers!" You exclaimed in disbelief. The Previous Lord chuckled and patted your head, which you flinch too but soon you got used to it. You looked up at him seeing him giving you a small smile before reaching down to you and kissing your forehead gently. "I believe it is time for you to wake up." You look at him confused until you looked at your body and saw it slowly fading away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You groaned as you woke up feeling pain all over your body. "Hey Manabu, she's awake!" A familiar yet not yet familiar voice called out. "I'll be there in second I'm almost finished cooking." Another voice replied in the distance. You opened your eyes setting them on a bright red haired teenager the one and only: Han Shinwoo. "How are you? Are you okay?" You didn't know what he was saying all you were thinking is how were still alive and if you actually met the Previous Lord. You reached out towards Shinwoo's cheeks and stretching his cheeks to see if he was real. Shinwoo's couldn't help to flush, it's not everyday that a gorgeous girl would touch him. You suddenly remembered what happened and stopped touching his cheeks. Shinwoo stared at you confused before he panicked as he saw you starting to shake and silently cry.

  "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Why are you crying? Did I do something!?" And at that moment Manabu came through the door holding a tray with a plate. "What did you do?!" Asked Manabu as he saw the tears running down your face. "I don't know! She just started to cry!" He told Manabu as the said boy crouches in front of you setting the tray next to him. "Hey. Hey. We're not going to hurt you." He said trying to calm down. " Yea! We're not here to hurt you!" Shinwoo also tried to calm the girl down. "I can't understand you."  You stated in English. 'Is she speaking English?' Manabu thought, while Shinwoo stared at her confused. " We're not here to hurt you. We saw you outside on the street injured and brought you here." Manabu spoke in perfect English. You looked up at him with your teary eyes. "You can understand me?" You asked him. "Yes I can understand you. I knew that learning English was worth it." He said excitedly before Shinwoo hits him over the head. "Ask her what happened you idiot!" Shinwoo orders him as he ruffles his hair. "OK OK I'll ask now stop it!" He complains as he fixes his hair before turning to you with a serious face. "Is it okay if I ask you some questions?" He asked, which you nodded. "Do you remember what happened to you and how you ended up here?" He asked while both him and Shinwoo stared at you. You lowered your gaze not looking them in the eyes. 

'I can't tell them I died they would probably think I am crazy or something. I guess I'll have to pull the truth a bit.' You thought before taking a deep breath. "I don't know how I ended up here, all I remember is running away from my family." You told Manabu. Who looked in at you in confusion. "Why were you running away from them? If you don't mind me asking." He asked hoping that it was what he thought was happening. "I was running away because... I didn't want to get any more hurt than what I already was." You finished. Manabu gasped and stared at you with sad eyes, this of course caused Shinwoo to look at his friend confused. "What did she say Manabu?" He asked. "Yu-chan... She was running away from her abusive family." Manabu's statement immediately crushed the red-haired boy heart as his eyes widened and stared at the h/c in front of him. "W-what!?" he thought before turning to his friend. "Manabu we can't let her go back there!" Yu-chan told Manabu. "I know Yu-chan, I know. But what can we do?" Manabu said giving the girl in front of him the bowl of noodles and a spoon (as she is foreign). Yu-chan and Manabu sat there thinking of a plan. ' Well we can't let her go back to her family, and we can't let her leave as she can't speak Japanese and doesn't know her way around, who knows what would happen to her.... There is only one way to do this.' 

"Manabu what if we let her stay with us." Yu-chan stated causing Manabu to look at him. "That isn't a bad idea. But we need our parents approval."  Manabu and Yu-chan look at each other and nodded before they grabbed their phones and texted their guardians telling them about the girls situation. Soon their guardians gave them permission to house the girl. The two males smiled and turned back to the girl in front of them, who was eating. "Hey, we would like for you to stay with us." The sudden offer made you stop on your tracks and looked at them with wide eyes. "R-really?" You asked him. "Yea! We can't just let you go into the streets where you don't know the language and where you can be harmed again. Doing that would go against our gentlemanly morals." Manabu said confidently as he scratched the back of his head. "Well... If that is alright I accept." You told him. This caused him to give you a bright smile as you both stared at each other. Confused Yu-chan looked at the both of you. "What did she say Manabu!"  Yu-chan shouted frustrated that he started to shake Manabu. "She said yes Yu-chan and stop shaking me!" he answered. Then yu-chan realised something. "Hey what her name?" The sudden question got Manabu's attention before he turned to the girl. "What's your name?" he asked the girl who went back to eating the noodles. You looked at both male before finishing the food in your mouth before answering. "My name is Y/n L/n." Putting down the empty noodle bowl back on the tray, giving them a small smile. "What's your name?" you asked dispite knowing who they already were. "I guess we forgot to introduce ourselves, I'm Woo Ik-Han but you can call me Manabu." He introduces himself before pointing his finger to the red-haired beside him. "This is Han Shinwoo, you can call him Yu-chan or baka." He teased the last word caught the said person's attention. "OI what did you say to her! Don't embarrass me in front of a cute girl man!" He shouted as he grabbed Manabu with his arm around his neck. "Let go of me! Your suffocating me!" Manabu struggled to get out of his friends hold. 

You just sat there looking confused and happy at the outcome of this situation but you were a bit confused on what they were arguing about. It took a few moments before the boys calmed down. "Y/n do you have any information in the data base of your country?" Manabu asked. "No, I was born at my house and I never went to school so I had to teach myself how to read and write." You responded as you shook your head. "I see I believe we are going to have to make you some identification for you I can ask my uncle to do that."  Manabu thought out loud. "Thank you for doing this for me." You thanked with a small smile on your face. "It's no problem. But now we have to worry about getting you the education you need."  Manabu stated with his finger on his chin thoughtfully. "She can enroll into our school!" Yu-chan suddenly said excitedly. "That is not a bad idea. We can enroll her there." Manabu also said excitedly before looking at the girl, who was already looking at then confused. "You going to school with us Y/n-chan! All we have to do is get my uncle to enroll you there!" He told her waiting for her reaction. Soon you started to smile "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"  You said as you grabbed both boys by their shoulders and hugged them who in return hugged her back with huge smiles on  their face before moving away from them. With a smile on his face Yu-chan asked "Okay so what are the living arrangements and who is she going to live with first?" 

Word count:1698