CHAPTER -1 ' Life Is A Quote '

AELLA

'Better three hours too soon than a minute too late '.I never took Shakespeare's quote seriously because I am one of those who keeps their watch ten minutes faster so that they never get late. But today, in my case, it's ten. I'm ten full minutes late for the most important lecture of my life. And now I'm running for my life, which in this case is in the hands of Professor Pattinson, who is the most punctual person I have ever known. I don't fear him because I'm one of his favorite students, but that is not going to help me with my final grades. Especially when he repeatedly told us how important this seminar was going to be. Today, one of the most renowned Architects is going to be our guest lecturer.
And the reason for my being late is behind me.

"Sky run fast, we are already late for the seminar. "

Skylar, my bestie, is the reason for this marathon we are now going through. I don't know why I thought it would be a great idea to listen to her and visit the library's latest architectural books collection, which is, by the way, at the furthermost corner of our university campus, and totally opposite to the auditorium.

"I'm not wearing running shoes like you, so have some mercy on me Ella"

"Is it my fault that you are wearing five-inch stiletto in college? " Like seriously sometimes
I get traumatized by Sky's fashion sense. She is my best friend, no offence, but her style is very loud.

"Oh please, not everyone is born beautiful and elegant, like you, and by just wearing a t-shirt, jeans and running shoes, you can still look like a runway princess, not, fair, and people like us have to do so much to elevate our fashion game to get attention."

Oh, not again this same topic I don't know why but Sky don't seems to know her own worth. God, she is beautiful with those pretty big blue eyes, long lustrous mahogany hair, and an attractive curvy figure. She is the epitome of beauty with brains. What else does she want? In fact, I myself envy her, but she herself, of all people, seems to be ignorant of her own beauty.

"I'm not going to argue, not in this particular Situation."

"See you are not even out of breath from this running and I'm panting like a dog."

She is definitely struggling to keep pace with me and I clearly see the beads of sweat in her face, but that's only because I exercise everyday, which doesn't make me flawless. But again, it's Sky's logic.

"Oh come on Sky, we are almost here."

I can see the auditorium door and beside that is Sarah. Seeing her standing there is such a relief. She completes our three musketeers group. But on a serious note, I'm glad I have got such great friends whom I can rely on. Long story short, we all met in our freshman year, and became besties right after that.

But why is she frowning at her phone? Even frowning, she can look elegant. In many ways, Sarah is an Egyptian goddess. With her perfectly black Cleopatra cut hair, tan skin and slender figure, she's undoubtedly an Egyptian goddess.
She is impatiently tapping her feet, which means something is bothering her. She only taps her feet when she is anxious or nervous. Just as I come close, she look up and wave her hand.

"Where the hell were you two? Professor Pattinson is drowning my phone with messages asking about you guys."

So that's why she is worried.

"Is he mad?" I ask, pausing beside her.

"Mad, huh? He is furious. Just because you are his favorite, he hasn't already failed you."

She say making an air quotation sign with her fingers.

"Now come on, sign here. And then let's go inside. The seminar has already started." Just then Sky screech to halt, breathing hardly. We both sign beside our name.
"You guys go inside. I'll have to submit these papers to Prof. Then I will meet you here, okay? "
She's on the organizing committee, that's why she's managing all this paperwork and also keeping track of students attending the seminar. And she will also be backstage with Professor Pattinson.