Chapter 1

It's not easy being a 17 year old, life's pretty rough, having to deal with other humans and their stupidity. Especially when you're a smart kid and can't say a single thing, because of the fear of idiots thinking you're rude. Because clearly i'm the one that's rude for having an opinion. If you didn't get the sarcasm just close the book you won't get my jokes.

It all started with freshman year I had no friends in any of my classes so I stayed quiet did my work. I didn't mind the peace, I actually enjoyed it. That's when the teacher put me next to the "Popular" kid. To quote the dear lady "It will help him improve!"

It did help him improve. Improve his ability to cheat off me. I didn't care really until he started taking credit for my answers that's when I lost it.

So I listened and watched I found him easy to read, like an open book, the words written across his face. Some words would have been Liar, Idiot, Fraud, Slut, and probably my favorite Ass hat. That was until I found out something interesting. He knitted the jock knitted, i still laugh.

Trying to use this to my advantage i sent him a message from a private account.

" If you keep taking credit from Amy i will tell your secret." He didn't respond so I sent him another quick little bit of information.

" Which do you prefer? Football or Knitting? I have proof that you knit and if you cheat, copy, or take claim for Amy's work i will share this information." It was not long before he asked the teacher for a seat change.

Finding a new talent i used this to my advantage. Through the my years in school i have not been acknowledged until senior year. Now that you're all caught up, I'm Amy. With my shoulder length brown hair, i'm called a nerd or a good girl. But what my school doesn't know is that they also call me the Silent. I prefer professional Blackmailer, but The Silent kind of stuck.

To the school the Silent knows everything and everyone, even your darkest secrets. That's right the Silent has gotten a pretty bad ass reputation, Shout out to Freshman me. But Amy Ire Is the girl nobody talks to or sits by, but i like it that way. Well i liked it that way until Lucas came along and decided to sit next to me senior year.

As i walked into first period and sat at my table in the front people slowly started to fill in avoiding me like i was just an empty seat. It was the normal routine people take their seats and then we recite the pledge. As the teacher started to begin class a tall blonde boy walked in about 6'4. I have never seen him before.

I stared at him trying to read his blue eyes, a strong jaw line accompanied with a lip ring. Going down i examined his attire, black shirt with a jacket, black skinny jeans, and black converse. His hands were calloused probably from an instrument, the way he bit his lip ring i could tell he was nervous but didn't want to show it.

Coming out of my trance with not enough information, the teacher introduced him.

"Class this is Lucas Wilpyane. He is new to the school. Tell us about yourself Lucas." The teacher indicated for him to start talking.

"Well i prefer to be called Luke. I also play the guitar." His voice was deep and unexpected. Luke looked back at the teacher to indicate that he was done talking. The teacher nodded then proceeded to tell him to sit anywhere. He glanced around at the plenty of empty tables until his eyes fell upon little old me.

I raised an eyebrow at him but he just smirked and sat down next to me. I turned my head and looked at him, but his eyes were focused on the teacher. I slowly turned back to the front and began copying notes.

As the day went on, surprisingly, i had multiple classes with him. All in which he sat next to me. Which was a first to me. I heard people start to whisper.

"Does he know who he's sitting with?" or my personal favorite "Who's that girl? Do they know each other?"

As i walked home thoughts swirled in my head, hearing someone walk up beside me. I looked over with a confused face, What i found surprised me. Luke was walking next to me, he was looking straight until he noticed my glance.

Having to look down on me being only 5'3 he smiled and said "I thought you could use some company." I looked at the ground then back to him wondering if i should say anything.

My mouth spoke for me "It's alright i'm used to being alone" I glanced quickly at the ground trying to ignore the heat filling my face. Why do i have to be so awkward.

He looked at me confused but then shook his head. "Well I'm Luke." He stated extending his hand. I stopped walking to look him in the eye trying to determine if i should bring the Silent into this.

Not detecting anything i grabbed his hand "I'm Amy" the smile i got was bright full of life. We walked together in silence until we were nearing my house. "Are you going to walk me all the way home?" I asked glancing at him.

"No this is the way my house is." He quickly stated rubbing the back of his neck. I shrugged replying "Me too." The rest of the way held an awkward silence. I stopped in front of my house and broke the silence "This is me." I mumble pointing back to my house. He suddenly relaxed and laughed. I stared at him until he was done.

He pointed to the house that was next door, which had been recently sold and said "That's my house." My face went blank, i should have noticed that. Why didn't i notice.

A laugh brought me out of my thoughts "I'll see you tomorrow neighbor." Luke walked across my lawn, backpack swung across one shoulder, straight to his door then entered.

Confused i walked into my house straight to my bedroom. I opened my curtains and opened the window. Allowing the light to shine across my room lighting up my posters and writing desk.

I sat on my window seat closing my eyes until i noticed movement just outside. I glanced into the window adjacent to mine, which had been empty for many years. Now held room to band posters, guitars, and a bed.

The door swung open and in walked none other than Lucas. He threw his bag into the desk chair and laid down on his bed. I quickly turned around facing my room. I realized how messy it had gotten, so i started straightening things up.

After the room was to my liking i turned around and caught Luke staring at me. He pretended to be doing something else, probably hoping i didn't notice his gaze. I smirked at his poor attempt and then went to lay on my bed.

Shortly after i heard the sound of an electric guitar being played. i started to drift off to sleep with the thoughts of the day circling my brain and the melody of new sound being played.