Chapter-30

Aadhya woke up the next morning with a terrible headache.

She groaned and tried to get up but couldn't because of the warm hand wrapped around her waist.

She looked beside her and was confused because she definitely didn't sleep on the bed.

"Arhaan, let me go." She shook his shoulder, trying to wake him up but he wouldn't budge.

Aadhya sighed and tried to remove his hand but he tightened his grip, making it impossible for her to move.

"Hey!" She shook him one more time and thankfully, he stirred a little and then opened his eyes.

"Good morning, love." His sexy morning voice did wonders to Aadhya.

"Let me go."

"Not until you tell me about your nightmare."

"Why should I?"

"Because you were fucking crying in your sleep."

"You got your answer."

Arhaan scrunched his brows,"What?"

"Only you can make me cry like that, Arhaan."

His hold loosened enough for her to move freely but not enough for her to get up.

"What did you dream about?"

"It was not a dream. A terrible memory I wish to forget."

"Can you tell me, please?"

"I am sharing this with you only because you said please. I dreamt about the day your mother whipped me because I didn't let you touch me because I was on my periods. And the same night you fucked me because you were angry. Few months later, I found out that I was pregnant."

"I am sorry."

"You should be."

"Mumma, is Arhaan uncle my father?"  A voice from the door made their back as stiff as a rock.

"Who told you that?" Arhaan was the first to recover from their initial shock.

"Nobody. I just heard an uncle talking about your child to another uncle." He stepped inside the room towards his mother who had escaped from Arhaan's grip and was now sitting on the bed.

"And you just presumed that you might be my child?"

"Yes."

"You are a smart kid, I will give you that."

"Shut up, Arhaan. Honey, come here." Aadhya scolded Arhaan and called out to her son who was standing beside her.

"Yes, mumma?"

"I won't lie to you anymore. Yes, uncle Arhaan is your father, and before you start hating him, listen to me. Your father didn't know about your existence. He didn't leave you deliberately, I made him leave you."

"But why?"

"Because your father did something terrible to your mother." Arhaan said while looking at Aadhya who refused to look at him.

"What?"

"It's quite complicated. You won't understand. Just know that, your father doesn't hate you and you don't have to hate him too."

He asked after a short pause,"What about you, mumma? Do you hate papa?"

"Uh—"

"Why don't we play some video games, buddy?" Arhaan diverted his son's attention.