X

"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it"-Roald Dahl

-Roald Dahl

Back from our trip, we walk through the castle's corridors arms locked together. Celeste stops momentarily from time to time to wave at domestics we pass across.

I, on the other hand, am still too amazed by the beauty of the place to copy her movements. Still having a hard time believing everything, I pinch myself again on the arm. Ouch! Still not dreaming.

A man dressed in a tailored suit grabs my attention when he approaches us.

"My highnesses," he says bowing a little "you are both invited to join the king and his new sorcerer for supper in twenty minutes."

Oh god, anything but that, please. I can't stand that prick. Instead of calming me or something of the sort, he deliberately threw me back again and again in a locked room.

"Perfect, thank you for telling us." Celeste tugs me away towards what I guess is the room I woke up in. That castle is big, I don't understand how anyone can navigate through it as easily as she does.

"Alora, dear, I'm going to go freshen up for supper. I'll see you there little star." Celeste leans towards me and plants a light kiss on my cheek before departing in the opposite direction.

Alone again, I look around not sure what to do now. The book! I could continue  reading the book obviously!

I walk to the bedroom, rush to my bed and take out the book underneath it. Sitting on the mattress and leaning against the headboard, I place the object on my thighs and start reading where I left off.

Fengari. Once, Fengari was only a boy and like a boy, he was curious and careless. On a fine and cold night, he ventured out of their small habitat all alone. Of course, with all good things comes bad things and since the sibling's new creations, the world they once knew had changed drastically. His brothers and sisters had told him about monsters. Dark and horrible creatures lurking in the shadows and waiting for an innocent soul to pass by who would fill their desperate need for violence and gore. But Fengari was just a boy. A stupid and ignorant boy. And so he defied his sibling's warnings. After a few moments, he let down his guards and had a cheeky smile painted on his face already thinking about how he'd tease the others for being so afraid. He passed a dark corner and heard a voice. Not a castling and demonic voice, no, the voice was melodic and surprised him with a sudden feeling of comfort. Squinting his eyes to see through the neverending darkness, the boy looked around desperately quickly getting addicted to the angelic tone. "Fengari," it whispered again and again. Finally, out of the corner, came out a short figure sporting a mass of golden locks and delicate features. It lifted a pale hand and made a sign for him to approach. Fengari wasn't thinking straight and disregarding all sense of logic, he walked towards her. One step at a time, he advanced in a trance. He turned the corner towards death itself and was never seen again. The legend says that night, the moon was born. It is said that this star is Fengari himself, accompanying anyone who, like him, ventures to defy the dark lights of the night.