10 ways to annoy Merlin

Hi! This story was co-written by myself and 'Pranxtor' (she's really great, go check out her stories!) It's a bit of joke, no offense meant to anyone, we're both big Merlin fans!

And on that note, here's the DISCLAIMER: Neither I nor Pranxtor own Merlin, the BBC does. It's probably just as well. We might get a little carried away. Having said that, all original ideas and plotlines are ours, so please don't steal.

This fic is set after the end of series 3, and alludes to the hat Merlin had to wear in season 1 (the picture's on this story's 'cover'.)

Hope you enjoy it, and maybe that this elicits a chuckle!

10 ways to annoy Merlin.

It was a beautiful day in Camelot: well, it would have been beautiful, if not for the fact Gwen and Gaius had been woken at sunrise by a far too cheerful Merlin claiming he was going to fetch some herbs, (ostensibly without a bag, in fact, only carrying a strange, magical looking object that was probably forbidden in Camelot.)

 Now they were both sitting in Gaius’ chambers (hoping Arthur didn’t come in and wonder why Gwen preferred Gaius’ company to his), slowly getting bored and fighting off sleep. Yawning, Gwen looked at Gaius.

 “Have you anything for breakfast?”

 “Yes.”

“What is it?”

 “Bread.”

 “Anything else?”

 “Water.”

 “Anything else to eat?

 “Ummmm…rotten vegetables for Merlin in the stocks?”

 “Not sure that’ll do.”

 “No.”

 “Ok then.”

 With a sigh, Gwen got up and got some bread and water. Wordlessly, she and Gaius sat down to have breakfast. Silence echoed around the room.

 Gwen tried to smile whilst yawning. “Well, this isn’t awkward or anything.”

 Six hours later…

 Rolling her shoulders, Gwen stood up and started looking through Gaius’ tall and remarkably disorganized shelves. She looked down at the old man, who was watching her suspiciously through half closed eyes (his eyebrow, it should be noted, was as high on his forehead as ever, and she worried it was stuck there.)

 “Are you trying to rearrange my shelves? There is a very complex categorization system in place there- you best not touch it.”

 Gwen surveyed the shelves with her own eyebrow raised. On the shelf directly in front of her there was a broken pot, a dead spider in  a yellowing glass jar, a spoon, a rotten potato and a distinctly magical looking amulet that no one seemed to have noticed.

 “No, your shelves are safe from me. I was wondering if you had anything for lunch?”

 “Yes.”

 “What is it?”

 “Bread.”

 “Anything else?”

 “Water.”

 “Anything else to eat?

 “Ummmm…rotten vegetables for Merlin in the stocks?”

 “Not sure that’ll do.”

 “No.”

 “Ok then.”