Sixty-Nine

A/N: And now, the part you've all been waiting for: The Finale. Now guys, I am writing a story called "Saved from myself" it is different from the other version. New characters and new plot. Do you guys not like it? And also, I have a feeling after His is done, my other stories still won't get much attention lol. Anyway, onward to the final part of His. Also, I thought this song would be PERFECT for this part. I just got done watching this movie. Best movie of all time! :)

Ellie 

After waking up the next morning, I rolled around in the guest bed feeling like crap. My throat was sore and my eyes were puffy and swollen from crying all night. My head throbbed and I felt the room spin, but I had to get up and get out of here. Checking my phone I saw texts saying that I would be picked up sometime after twelve. Looking at the time, I saw that it was only 7.

Five hours stuck here....

I placed my hand on my chest, noticing my Day Collar. It used to bring me joy, but now....nothing. I decided that once I was picked up I'd leave it here and that would be the end of it.

It was only after I laid back down that I noticed the water and two Advil sitting on my night stand. Also, there was a card sitting next to it. I reached for it and read it:

I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you, and I am so mad at myself for everything that I have done, and I know no amount of explanation will be enough for you to forgive me right now. But I love you, I mean it. She's nothing to me, and if you give me a chance, I'll spend everyday of my life proving it to you.  

I scoffed and flung the card back onto the table. I took the pills and water gratefully and then went to take my shower. Afterwards, I sat on my bed and played games on my phone, caught up with my favorite stories on Wattpad, and even got on the Whisper app for my latest helping of daily gossip. By time I got bored of all of that...it was only 9:30. Ugh, still two more hours to go.

I heard a soft knock at my door and I pretended to be sleep when it opened. I heard soft foot steps enter and walk over to my bed. Obviously he didn't notice my ruse, so I kept it up.The fact that I loved this man as much as I did already freaked me out to begin with. But now...I see that I wasn't enough for him. And yeah, he deserved the best.... way better than I could ever be. Even from the few times I met Donna, I could see why he felt like he did when he had her. And why when she left him why he was so devastated. I guess that if I left...he wouldn't even miss me.

I kept my eyes shut as I felt him sit on the bed and his finger slowly sweep back some of my hair. I focused all of my energy into not moving any part of my face. 

"My baby...I'm so sorry." He murmured

His fingertips roamed every part of my face: my eyes lids, my nose, lips, and cheeks. He kissed me on the forehead and soon got off of the bed, leaving me alone once again. I felt a single tear fall before I opened my eyes again. 

————- 

Once I heard two short beeps coming from outside, I then heard footsteps and Leo's voice saying It was time to go. I had stayed in that room doing nothing but thinking, and now, I had to walk by the man that had destroyed me and pretend like he hadn't.